What to pack - Jan/West Caribbean?

2preschoolers

We'll be on a Western Caribbean cruise the end of January. It's hard to imagine wearing shorts and tank tops right now b/c we live in Virginia and just had about 20" of snow dumped on us last week! But it seems the average temps in Jamaica, Cozumel, Grand Caymen are 78-90 degrees this time of year. I was planning to pack mostly shorts, tshirts, sun dresses for the girls. Bringing along 1-2pair of long pants, a lightweigh jacket and a sweater for the dining room. But I'm wondering if I'll be packing too much warm-weather stuff and maybe will find that they're too cold.

How is the air conditioning on the ship (dining room, show lounge, Camp Carnival, etc)? Do they really blast it? And how about in the cabins at night. I can't stand being hot at night. Do we bring summer PJ's or best to dress them warmer??

Anyone been recently or during this time of year and recall what types of clothes you mostly wore??

Thank you!!!

We'll be on a Western Caribbean cruise the end of January. It's hard to imagine wearing shorts and tank tops right now b/c we live in Virginia and just had about 20" of snow dumped on us last week! But it seems the average temps in Jamaica, Cozumel, Grand Caymen are 78-90 degrees this time of year. I was planning to pack mostly shorts, tshirts, sun dresses for the girls. Bringing along 1-2pair of long pants, a lightweigh jacket and a sweater for the dining room. But I'm wondering if I'll be packing too much warm-weather stuff and maybe will find that they're too cold.

How is the air conditioning on the ship (dining room, show lounge, Camp Carnival, etc)? Do they really blast it? And how about in the cabins at night. I can't stand being hot at night. Do we bring summer PJ's or best to dress them warmer??

Anyone been recently or during this time of year and recall what types of clothes you mostly wore??

Thank you!!!

We cruise every January. It is a welcome relief from winter in KY.

You are correct, dress for summer. I always have a sweater or wrap with me in the evening. The air conditioning is really cranked up. In the evenings on the deck, it is very windy and a little chilly, you will want a sweater.

You should be able to control the temp in your cabin. We always are able to. Summer pjs are fine. It is very humid in the Carribean. So you will welcome the AC.

The only long pants we had with us were our jeans that we flew down and back in. I usually wear a long sleeve t-shirt and jeans with a sweater or light jacket. I leave my winter coat in the trunk of the car at the airport. I don't want to deal with that for a week.:(

Have a great time on your cruise.:)

Sounds like your packing list is perfect. You will be wanting to wear summer clothing most of the time. A sweater is good in case of too cool air conditioning sometimes in the dining room or theater but there's really not a big problem very often. It can get a bit windy up on the open deck at night occasionally if you choose to go there late at night and might want a sweater but again, for the most part you will find yourselves feeling like you are enjoying humid summer weather just about all the time. Summer pj's will be perfect. The air conditioning can be adjusted in your cabin. Enjoy your cruise!:)

Archived