Trans from Hobby to Galveston--anything cheaper than $150 each way?

i haven't done it myself, but i read where someone rented a car at airport, and turned it in at galveston. this may have been from intercontinental, which is probably 20 miles north of Hobby. might consider that.

I checked the galveston.com website but hadn't planned on spending $300 just to get from the airport to our hotel. This sounds high to me, are there any alternatives?:confused:

For $150 roundtrip, I'll drive you. J/k. Have you checked with your hotel to see if they have a shuttle from the airport? Just a thought.

Angela

If you want to do enterprise or Hertz from Hobby.Call the Galveston offices.They have special cruise packages that are not always online..www.galveston.com

look here ,under transportation for their phone numbers,as well as Galveston Limo,which is actually a shuttle service..I think they run somewhere around 60-70 per trip.

If not....I may consider doing it both ways for ya for 150 :) How many ya got?

Guest enjoycruises

Last Spring we flew into International and rented an Enterprise car to drive to Galveston. Call the Galveston Enterprise number directly to book. When we dropped off at the Enterprise office, they drove us to the pier. When we got off the ship, we called them and they came to pick us up. All of this was quite painless. They were great to deal with. They offer the same service using Hobby Airport. give them a call.

We live in the Houston area and $150 each way from Hobby to Galveston is waaaay too much to pay. I'd do what "enjoycruises" suggests and rent a car from Enterprise. It is about an hour drive, especially if you hit rush hour traffic - hence the high cab fare. You also might check out a place like Super Shuttle. I'm sure the Galveston hotels have some sort of package to get folks from Hobby to Galveston

we are doing transfers from Bush IAH coming from Yorkshire England we tend keep an eye on the money we spend hence my title Aarrmuch. We have booked with Exteme Elegance Limousine Service who do pick ups from Bush & Hobby Airports there are five of us and they are charging us $150 each way for a large limo. I have checked the shuttle bus which is $35 each one way i understand they do Sedan cheaper and it could be cheaper from Hobby. They have an on line booking srevice and they dealt with my enquiry very efficentley.

Regards Stephen.

The Galveston Limo company has a link on the Galveston.com website. The transfer from Hobby is $50 roundtrip and they are very easy and reliable. I just used them in Dec. It's not a limo, it's a shuttle bus, but it's fine and they were right there at the door of the terminal when we got back. Very easy.

I checked into Galveston Limo and their fare is $50 RT per person so for our family of 4 that makes it $200 RT as opposed to $300 with Emerald. We certainly don't need a limo either so it might be even cheaper. I'm sure my husband won't want to mess with renting a car as we get in at 9:30 pm and our hotel has a shuttle to the pier. Thanks for the suggestions, this board is great!!

Cindyrella, We used Galveston Limo and were very pleased with their service. However, since you have four people, it might be cheaper for you to take a cab since that is one price no matter if it is one passenger or four. With Gal Limo as you know you pay per person. Have a great cruise!!

Archived