Luggage Tags

lilfish7

What paper would you print the luggage tags on to keep them safe from tearing etc. wow! I appreciate the convienance but how would the luggage tags stay on your suitcases??

Just normal 20lb paper because after you fold them in thirds there is no way you can tear them.

Mike:)

We just printed ours; and, yes they are colored, but the color did not show through on our copies. The wife advises that she can handle the potential fragile aspect of said tags. I do not know what she will do, but she is good at this type of endeavor. She also stated that she will not have to go to Kinko's or Klinko's, or whatever.

We do not consider this to be a matter of great significance. But, then we do not sweat the small stuff.

We just printed ours; and, yes they are colored, but the color did not show through on our copies. The wife advises that she can handle the potential fragile aspect of said tags. I do not know what she will do, but she is good at this type of endeavor. She also stated that she will not have to go to Kinko's or Klinko's, or whatever.

We do not consider this to be a matter of great significance. But, then we do not sweat the small stuff.

Where do I find our luggage tags on Princess' website? I've opened our cruise personalizer and found our boarding passes etc, but nothing on our luggage tags. Am I over looking it or will they post them closer to time (we sail in 2 weeks)?

Our group is sailing with you - and all of us received the old-fashioned luggage tags in the mail with our "Cruise Answer Book". As others have stated, you can always get luggage tags from the porters at the dock - just have your cabin numbers ready and make sure they write them properly on the tags.

Where do I find our luggage tags on Princess' website? I've opened our cruise personalizer and found our boarding passes etc, but nothing on our luggage tags. Am I over looking it or will they post them closer to time (we sail in 2 weeks)?

Our group is sailing with you - and all of us received the old-fashioned luggage tags in the mail with our "Cruise Answer Book". As others have stated, you can always get luggage tags from the porters at the dock - just have your cabin numbers ready and make sure they write them properly on the tags.

We have a tab for luggage tags on our cruise personalizer, but when I open it there is nothing there. We don't cruise till March so will give my TA a call to see what is up.

We sail in March as well, and the Cruise Personalizer stated that luggage tags and boarding passes wouldn't be available until 75 days before the cruise.

We're at 85 days so we'll be able to print ours soon!

We have a tab for luggage tags on our cruise personalizer, but when I open it there is nothing there. We don't cruise till March so will give my TA a call to see what is up.

We sail in March as well, and the Cruise Personalizer stated that luggage tags and boarding passes wouldn't be available until 75 days before the cruise.

We're at 85 days so we'll be able to print ours soon!

Aha! I downloaded the latest version of Adobe Reader and I was able to link to my luggage tags and print them! Ah, technology. May have had something to do with the fact that we just recently converted to Window7. Don't know if that affected the Adobe Reader or not as I thought that I had recently downloaded an update to Adobe Reader. Whatever, I now have my luggage tags and am a happy camper. I like that they are preprinted and I don't have to write on them. (Little things make me happy.)

Aha! I downloaded the latest version of Adobe Reader and I was able to link to my luggage tags and print them! Ah, technology. May have had something to do with the fact that we just recently converted to Window7. Don't know if that affected the Adobe Reader or not as I thought that I had recently downloaded an update to Adobe Reader. Whatever, I now have my luggage tags and am a happy camper. I like that they are preprinted and I don't have to write on them. (Little things make me happy.)

I don't know if this would work with the princess tags, but what i remember doing is printing the information on sticky labels sized to the tag (for Carnival) then I took those to the pier with me and pasted them on the extra tags I got from the pier. (We did recieve a few tags from our travel agent but we were short a couple as I put them on everything including the carry ons) really easy! (the info was already there so i just slapped it on the tag. I don't know what these luggage tags are like--the second cruise we took on RCCL the tags were just strips of paper like a wristband that went around the handle and glued to itself. -- obviously that system wouldn't have worked on those tags.

A roll of extra-wide tape from the dollar store can cheaply and easily laminate your tags. Zip-type tags can usually be purchased there, as well.

If you have used a travel agent and printing your tags is a bother/inconvenient/impossible... your agent will print them for you.

One benefit to tagging your tags before you leave home.... if you are flying to catch your cruise and your luggage is lost, your bags will clearly state their destination and will *hopefully* catch up with you. Without those tags, lost suitcases could be sent back to the home address on your luggage tags.

Just had mine laminated at FedEx/Kinko's today. Total cost...$2.25 for four tags laminated. Punched wholes in each...will attach with zip tie. Doesn't get any easier than that. Cheap and eliminates chance they will come off.

Just had mine laminated at FedEx/Kinko's today. Total cost...$2.25 for four tags laminated. Punched wholes in each...will attach with zip tie. Doesn't get any easier than that.

Yes it does, or at least it used to.

Step a) Open envelope from Princess

Step b) Write name and cabin number on tags

Step c) Attached to luggage

What it did not use to require:

Step a) Start up computer and printer

Step b) Go to Princess web site and print out luggage tags

Step c) Get in car and drive to FedEx/Kinko's to laminate

Step d) Continue driving to a store that sells zip ties, then drive home

I'm an idiot...we've had our luggage tags for a couple months now! I remember receiving a package, but it only (I thought) contained the cruise answer book, so I just put it aside.

Turns out, the luggage tags were also in there as well!

:)

Yes it does, or at least it used to.

Step a) Open envelope from Princess

Step b) Write name and cabin number on tags

Step c) Attached to luggage

What it did not use to require:

Step a) Start up computer and printer

Step b) Go to Princess web site and print out luggage tags

Step c) Get in car and drive to FedEx/Kinko's to laminate

Step d) Continue driving to a store that sells zip ties, then drive home

I agree and I think it is or was a dumb move on the part of Princess to inflict this on people who spend many thousands of dollars on their product. It also assumes that everyone owns and knows how to operate a computer....obviously those of us who post here do...but lots of people over the age of 60 don't. For those of us who can....it's an inconvenience.:mad:

.....It also assumes that everyone owns and knows how to operate a computer....obviously those of us who post here do...but lots of people over the age of 60 don't. For those of us who can....it's an inconvenience.:mad:

Hopefully, folks who do not use the computer DO use a travel agent, who could download and print off these things? Should be no problem, no problem.

We just did the "print your own tag" scenario last month for the Sapphire. Once you do the tri-fold thing , they are surprisingly durable. No need to laminate, make special Kinko's runs or use any other extra effort. I just stapled mine together on the bag, except our checked bag and I don't recall what the porter did to secure that one in port. If for some reason they don't hold up, I'm sure Princess has some means of printing a replacement for you; it may just delay your arrival at the Horizon Court embarkation shark feed!

Hopefully, folks who do not use the computer DO use a travel agent, who could download and print off these things? Should be no problem, no problem.

But why should have to endure the inconvenience of doing so and for that matter why should any of us have to do this....its just plain cheap of Princess. I know that in the future I am going to have to do it but it doesn't make me happy.:mad:

We just prepared luggage tags for our bags for 2 cruises this month--not the difficult job that it appeared to be--we discussed how this was to be accomplished much longer than it took to make the tags.

Nancy:D:D

Archived