Explorer or Enchantment w/kids

TwoWeebles

I posted this on the RCI board also...What is the difference between the Explorer and the Enchantment as far as kid friendly stuff goes? We will be two families cruising with a 6 year old and a 7 year old. Kid pools or play areas on the two ships different? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Yep they are different. I would say (in my opinion) that Explorer has more. But you have to look at the price factors as well.

EXPLORER HAS:

Adventure Beach - a children's pool area with a small slide. Would be ok for a 6/7 year old (not as fun for older kids)

Ice Skating Rink - no added charge, just bring socks and long pants

Promenade - parades through the promenade, everyone loves a parade

Science/Marine Center - I don't personally know a lot about this one. Its some sort of research center that you can take tours through - only available on Explorer

Newer Ship

ENCHANTMENT HAS:

Trampoline - suppose to be the only one at sea

Frankly, I wouldn't pay the prices for Enchantment NOW. That ship was going for $199pp when it was in Florida. Its only because its moved up to the North East that the prices shot up so much. So if you are going to pay the prices, then do the newer ship. ;)

Both cruises are to Bermuda in June. Both ships showing very similar prices. Actually, Explorer price is slightly cheaper!! That's why I was a little confused.

Yeah I know. And that's why I said to do Explorer. When Enchantment was in Florida, you could get that ship for a steal. They moved it to Virginia/Baltimore and raised the price. RCCL thinks we all have short term memory. :p

Explorer is new. There is more on that ship for kids. There is more on that ship, period ;) And its going through a drydock right now. So it will be all spiffed up again.

Its the reason that I never did Grandeur when it was up here in the North East. The prices were always so high. So I waited till it moved South and they dropped like a rock. :D

I can't comment on Enchantment but we did Explorer Feb 09 with our kids 8,5,5 and they loved the adventure beach area - its at the back of the ship with a couple of shallow pools and a waterslide and there are loungers there so we could sit in the sun and let the kids play happily - the slide was manned by AO staff it was ideal.

My family and I went on enchantment ( our first cruise for 4days) and loved it. kids(2 and 5) at that time. I did the trampoline(fun) and the kids didn't have much but it was only 4 days....They did have a sprinkler/water splash pad thing. great for the 2 yr old cuz she couldn't go swimming in the pool. Compared to the new ships....I like the big ships now...rooms alittle bit smaller too.

Archived