Report from onboard QM2

yojimbo

It is Sunday afternoon, January 3rd and we are heading back to NYC from the holiday cruise. I am writing this on my laptop from the starboard "wing" of the library, so I can see the sea from 3 directions.

Seas are 12-18 feet, winds are 40-50 knots and we are doing a steady 26 knots. The ship is pitching quite a bit, but there is very little roll. Every ten minutes or so, there is a shudder as QM2 comes down hard on the sea.....and then there is the spray over the bow.

Glorious!!

The outside decks have been closed all day due to the weather, but of course QM2 is bustling as always on the inside.

This is my 6th voyage on QM2 and my sense is that the service is better than ever....likewise the quality of the food.

That's all for now....it is beginning to get dark and I am off to catch the end of the talent show.

Hi Yojimbo, Thanks for the update we were on the 10th December cruise, you must have joined the QM2 as we checked out. :confused: It was our 1st cruise with Cunard and as they say there is cruising and then there is Cunard.

Sounds like you had a great time, on the last night of our cruise we went through a gale force 9 all night. The waves were crashing up the windows of the dining room. We were up on the 11th deck and my it rocked and rolled. It has not put us off we are starting to save for our next cruise on board QM2. Take care and Happy New Year.

Thanks for that update. You were sitting in my favorite spot on the whole ship.:cool:

We agree, however, when the seas are rough, one will feel the movement in the library area much more than other areas of this magnificent vessel.

We were also on this cruise. Great trip. Report to come a little later. One of the highlights was the CC reception on our first full day at sea (thank you Michael for arranging the meeting). Got off the ship at 8:15am this morning, parked at the pier (cost $303 for the 15 days) and was home in Connecticut by 9:45am. Couldn't have gone more smoothly

Archived