Carnival Conquest for New Years

llachance

Cabin 6837 mid ship balcony...three adults enough room but with a very loud snorer didn't get much sleep during the week. Never saw our room steward but the room was kept clean and we had towel animals every night. Had to ask for bathrobes and the safe never was opened but we survived :)

Monet dining room 6:00 pm seating...table for a lot (by choice) we had Julio and Franklin for Server and assistant. Kind of slow the first night but after that they remembered our choices and when asked for advice knew what was good in the kitchen! Bought the expensive wine package but were unable to get our choices for the last two bottles because they were out. In July we didn't have that problem so I assume that it was because it was New Years...I will pull my bottles early next year. I asked for a rare steak and got it...nice. Didn't go to the steak house this time because we had horrible service this summer and didn't want to spend money for horrible service again. The food on the buffet was plentiful and served at a temperature that was appropriate. The bacon police were out in force but if you asked for more they served it to you.

Didn't hit any of the shows this time..played the slots a couple of times...read a book a day which is usually my goal...shore excursions...step son and husband went on the Appleton Rum estate tour in Jamaica. Windy roads....bus had to stop once cuz someone got sick. Did the cooking excursion in Cozumel. Food was good but they didn't read the whole description so didn't bring their swim suits.....In Grand Cayman we just wandered. Will not plan anything for next years cruise...yes I booked on board and have the cabin next to the one I had this year.

For the first time in a long time I booked spa massages...it started as one but the massage therapist was so good I scheduled a second massage. Mary was the therapist's name - you can't go wrong if you ask for her.

All in all a nice cruise!

no brainers to read...in fact I had one book that I started before the cruise and brought it with me but I would have had to pay close attention while reading it so I didn't pick it up. The last book I read was a James Patterson book - to give you a flavor of what I read.

Archived