Room Safe Capacity on Navigator of the Seas

We have an outside cabin without balcony (rm#2608) and I need to know how large the in room safe is. Specifically, are the safes large enough to hold a full size Digital SLR camera and lens - the camera I want to bring is a Nikon D300 w/ 18-200 lens. The setup is fairly large so I'm hoping it will fit in the safe. I know most won't know the size of the D300, but all comments on the safe size are welcome, as I may be able to extrapolate from your description or on examples of items that do/do not fit in the safe. Thanks!

We have an outside cabin without balcony (rm#2608) and I need to know how large the in room safe is. Specifically, are the safes large enough to hold a full size Digital SLR camera and lens - the camera I want to bring is a Nikon D300 w/ 18-200 lens. The setup is fairly large so I'm hoping it will fit in the safe. I know most won't know the size of the D300, but all comments on the safe size are welcome, as I may be able to extrapolate from your description or on examples of items that do/do not fit in the safe. Thanks!

Better yet, give me its height and width and depth, and I'll tell you if it will fit. :)

Better yet, give me its height and width and depth, and I'll tell you if it will fit. :)

Yes it will hold it. My husband took his Canon 30D with lens and battery pack. In order to fit in the safe he did have to remove the lens. It also fit our cash and passports, but the camera was our bigger concern.

I hope that helps.

Yes it will hold it. My husband took his Canon 30D with lens and battery pack. In order to fit in the safe he did have to remove the lens. It also fit our cash and passports, but the camera was our bigger concern.

I hope that helps.

I've found the safes to be larger than hotel room safes....we're able to fit quite alot in the ship's safes....don't know about a big camera, tho....if it won't fit, lock it in your suitcase! No one will bother your things.

I've found the safes to be larger than hotel room safes....we're able to fit quite alot in the ship's safes....don't know about a big camera, tho....if it won't fit, lock it in your suitcase! No one will bother your things.

I can fit a Sony A350 DSLR with a 18-200 lens in the safe, but not in the camera case. In my experience, the safes are sometimes a bit dusty inside, so you might want to enclose your camera in something first...perhaps a thin plastic bag.

I can fit a Sony A350 DSLR with a 18-200 lens in the safe, but not in the camera case. In my experience, the safes are sometimes a bit dusty inside, so you might want to enclose your camera in something first...perhaps a thin plastic bag.

Just bring the caps for the back end of the lense and the hole in the camera and apart you should be fine while still getting all your cash etc in there as well.

Sadly they don't hold most laptops which with all the business info can be worth far more than a camera...my new baby laptop though should fit which is one reason I bought it for travel.

Enjoy the cruise and share some of your pictures when you get back.

Archived