New to Azamara - A few Questions

DebsUK

DH and I will be on our first Azamara cruise in April (Singapore to Athens) and we had a few questions;

1. DH wants to know if he needs to bring shoe polish etc or is there someway on the ship to get shoes shined.

2. We both use the gym facilities daily. Will our heart rate monitors be compatible with the treadmills?

3.What are the electrical outlets in the cabin and should we bring a power bar for more outlets.

Many thanks as always for the great advice I always get on CC. Can't wait for this trip after all the great things we have read about Azamara.

Deb.

DH and I will be on our first Azamara cruise in April (Singapore to Athens) and we had a few questions;

1. DH wants to know if he needs to bring shoe polish etc or is there someway on the ship to get shoes shined.

2. We both use the gym facilities daily. Will our heart rate monitors be compatible with the treadmills?

3.What are the electrical outlets in the cabin and should we bring a power bar for more outlets.

Many thanks as always for the great advice I always get on CC. Can't wait for this trip after all the great things we have read about Azamara.

Deb.

Deb.

Hi Deb !

Answers to your questions :

1. Yes, the cabin attendant will more than likely shine your DH's shoes. Im not positive if there will be a charge, but a gratuity will be much appreciated.

2. I cannot answer this one. Hopefully, someone else can.

3. They have both 110 and 220 in the cabins, but there are very few outlets. I highly recommend bringing extension outlets with you.

I hope this helps. Enjoy your Cruise !

Instead of an extension strip for additional electrical outlets we took a three way adaptor which as smaller and lighter and perfectly adequate for two camera chargers and a net book. I also found a that a few flexible fridge magnets very useful to attach papers etc to the cabin wall!

Magnets would be great, but we had none so used duct tape to attach notes to door or mirror.

A three way plug worked well for us. I also used the outlet in the hair dryer in the bathroom to plug in a nightlight. Thanks to CC, we knew ahead to file down one of the prongs so it would fit in the ungrounded outlet.

I always take a few magnets with hooks which I use in the bathroom and to hang stuff on the cabin walls. They are very nice to hang clotheline to dry clothes. Be sure the magnets are strong.

I'm glad to see that someone else uses the magnetic hooks. They work great to hang up our hats and other lightweight things that can mess up the cabin and/or get lost.

I'm glad to see that someone else uses the magnetic hooks. They work great to hang up our hats and other lightweight things that can mess up the cabin and/or get lost.

Do you have a link so I know what you are talking about. We don't use magnets as they do not stick to stainless steel refrigerators...

The magnetic hook idea is brillaint. I have noted this on my packing list. You can never have enough hooks. I happen to have one that I found at a dollar store and use to hand things on our metal outside door at home. It is very strong.

We used one hook that Azamara provided for my clear plastic shoe holder (16 pocket). This held pills, sunscreen, camera, glasses, etc. This worked out really well, but you can never have enough hooks.

For hooks that are sturdy, try kitchen gadget stores or home depot. I like the ones made by Kitchen aid that have strong clips. They hold all kinds of stuff.

The Kitchen Aid ones are magnetic? Just asking because I never use magnets and it would never occur to me that they would stick to a stateroom wall (on Azamara).

shoe cleaning is complimentary on Azamara - and boy do they get a great shine on the shoes. As Andy says although it is part of the standard duties of the attendant it is one of the things we take into account when deciding how much extra to give staff over and above their prepaid tips

Archived