Sun Refurb 10/2010- What will happen

lvcruises

We are booked for the Dec. 11 sailing to western caribbean. Looking forward to sailing on the Sun!

I know this is changing the subject a bit....I notice you say you want to go back to Belize? We have not been there....what do you recommend doing there? If you don't mind....I will also be checking out the ports of call boards too! Thanks!

We went to the ruins there the last time and that was a 7 hr adventure. It was really. However, Belize is suppose to be known for their reefs, they say they are as nice as the ones in Australia. My husband want to snorkle this time around.

We went to the ruins there the last time and that was a 7 hr adventure. It was really. However, Belize is suppose to be known for their reefs, they say they are as nice as the ones in Australia. My husband want to snorkle this time around.

We like to snorkel too...may go that route. Thanks so much for your reply!

Does anyone know what else might be done to the Sun during those 2 weeks she is in Drydock?

My DH and I are looking at the Oct 16, 2010 because we want to go back to Belize.

Just to let you know (if you don't see from other threads) that it looks like NCL has abandoned the idea of doing the drydock in Europe in the gap from 20 September - 4 October 2010, as a 14-day cruise has just gone on sale for this period.

However, the 30 October 2010 7-day cruise has been taken off sale, and it's possible that NCL is looking to do the drydock around then. But one more week would have to be cancelled in order to get a proper drydock done.

How do you know this cruise was booked for a private charter? We had booked this cruise along with another couple, but we now see that it can no longer be found on NCL's website or any other travel website.

Just to let you know (if you don't see from other threads) that it looks like NCL has abandoned the idea of doing the drydock in Europe in the gap from 20 September - 4 October 2010, as a 14-day cruise has just gone on sale for this period....

What a disappointment. I'm booked for the 10/4 ta followed by 10/16 Caribbean and was looking forward to a completely renewed ship.

Oh, well. I'll still love every minute of the cruise.

• 1 month later...
We're in OS 1003 - port... the other one was just booked within the last couple of days - I found out because I was checking for price reductions. There is a credit being offered for suites when booking 9 months in advance - we got that... I think it was $300. Regardless, I found the Sun pricing was really good. Per reading some of these boards, it seems a lot of people seem to really like the aft suites... even prefer them over the OS's. The hot tub is what I'm after though! :cool:

We just sailed in the OS 1003 on the Sun in November. The room itself is beautiful. The hot tub is fine - not a normal hot tub (basically a jacuzzi bathtub out on the balcony). I hope you have poor hearing, though. We were subjected to thumping disco music in the room (particularly right above the bed) for approximately 14 days of our 19 day cruise. The Observation Lounge is right above the room, which is terrible planning on NCL's part (IMO). One would think that such posh rooms would have a better location. We had family in an aft suite, and it was lovely. If we ever sail on the Sun again, we would almost certainly book an aft suite over an OS because of the noise.

Okay, admittedly this is a rather random thought, but yeah, I read that review, and the "unique and memorable" part reminded me of this, one of my favorite winners of the Edward Bulwer-Lytton Bad Fiction Contest, the 1985 winner submitted by Martha Simpson of Connecticut:

The countdown had stalled at T minus 69 seconds when Desiree, the first female ape to go up in space, winked at me slyly and pouted her thick, rubbery lips unmistakably--the first of many such advances during what would prove to be the longest, and most memorable, space voyage of my career.

InThe

Ouch!

I wrote those words, and I thought they were quite poetic and reasonable:rolleyes: I know that I am a very wordy person, but I object to being lumped in with the winner of a bad fiction contest :eek:

We really loved the Sun, and we are looking at the trip to Northern Europe in 2011. It would be great if the refit changed the buffet area - our biggest beef!

PS - Thanks for reading my notes, InTheCruisingYearsOfLife!

Archived