Transportation to Port Caneveral

Knatz

We rented a car from Thrifty at the Orlando airport and dropped it off in Port Canaveral - they then shuttled us to the pier. After lots of research, we found that this was the most cost effective method for us (there were three of us total).

Hope that helps!

We rented a limo! (Orlando Limo) It, too, was $180 and the tip was included. It was our first time doing this and we have my son and his girlfriend with us - somewhat of a surprise for them.

It was WONDERFUL! Would I do it again? Maybe, ONLY due to the cost - but heck, it's only money!

We're going on 2/4/10, and I called http://oneofakindluxury.com/id4.html and it was only $180 roundtrip from Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral and back PLUS TIP!!!

If you rent a car, you'll probably have to pay for parking at the port.:cool:

No need for parking. You do two one way rentals, one before the cruise and one after. The car rental companies have free shuttles to and from the port. It is definitely cheaper to do rentals if you have the time. If you have an early flight after the cruise, it is better to do a shuttle or a private car service.

We are on Freedom 2/28 and have opted to rent cars. We went through Hertz, and it is roughly $180.00 but since we are flying in a day ahead and spending the night in Cocoa Beach, this will provide us with transportation to check out the area. We are planning to turn the car in the morning the ship leaves, Hertz will shuttle us to the port, and then we will take a cab back to Hertz when we return, and run back over to the airport and turn it back in. Not exactly cheap, but it will give us a lot more flexibility.

Mike

Had two one way rentals and used the rental company shuttles. Went in the night before and stayed at Country inn and Suites. They have a package that includes their shuttles also. Most hotels in Cocoa beach also do.

I would either rent a car or if you don't want to drive then use Travelynx shuttle service. They are reliable and affordable. http://www.travelynx.net/ When I used them it was $25 each way for one person but I think that you get a better deal when 2 are traveling. I'm guessing $40 for 2 but not 100% sure.

Thank you, yes they are the least expensive way to go, $25 per head.

Archived