seasickness

jilly888

Am doing a cruies around New Zealand on the 21st Jan,i get very bad seasickness:mad: and no tablets seem to help,does anyone know if the doctor on board will give me an injection for seasickness.i have been on a P&O cruse and had one after the first day and had no sickness for the remainder of the cruise.:)

Thanks for all your idea's,i have tried them all, apart from the patches,last time i was on a cruise the doctors were giving people that were sick an injection i had one and was fine the rest of the cruise and it only made me sleep for about 3 hrs after it which i would rather have than being sick all the time, but that was on P&O ,so has anyone out there been on Rapsody of the Sea's and been seasick,i need to know if the doctors on that ship give injections?

Talk to your doctor--they may have something that will work better than OTC things...it can get rough in that area!

And, yes, I do believe the ship docter can give an injection...but better to PREVENT than try to treat!

If you are thinking of trying the patch, you should get the Rx early and try it on dry land first.

Some people have some rather strong reactions -- hallucinations -- from the scopolamine, and that can be unnerving at sea, to say the least.

If you do not have an adverse reaction, most people do fairly well with the patch.

Most people get over seasickness, but you sound as if you are one of the rare ones who don't. Good luck.

Archived