Is it true that the bubbly welcome is not offered now on cruises?

cacj

[quote name='time2cruise1'][COLOR=black]Don't hold your breath. This is not a big deal and clearly something that marketing and the leadership do not want to publicize.[/COLOR][/quote]

If it's not a big deal then there should be no problem letting us know what's going on. If it's not a big deal no one will care, right?

:)

[quote name='mafig']If it's not a big deal then there should be no problem letting us know what's going on. If it's not a big deal no one will care, right?

:)[/quote]

Clearly it seems to be a big deal to some. Not sure why they have to let us know. :confused: I expect reference to welcome aboard bubbly will slowly disappear from the website and literature.

[quote name='kduce']Hi,
Just got back from our cruise on the Jewel- no champagne greeting that we saw.
The cruise was great- nice ship and great staff- but no 'bubbly'[/QUOTE]

Thanks-and now the 6 million dollar question---Was there a coffee maker in you cabin?

[quote name='mbisson']Thanks-and now the 6 million dollar question---Was there a coffee maker in you cabin?[/quote]

AND..what are they charging for espresso and cappucino in dining room?

Okay seriously, they are removing the little coffee makers? Am I on candid camera?

Time to find one to bring onboard. Thank goodness for these boards or I would never have known.

It appears there is one report...until there are more widespread reports, I wouldn't rush out and buy one yet

I would like a definitive , official message on all the new "cutbacks" being discussed..over the last 2 weeks..

1. bubbly

2. expresso and cappucino

3. coffee makers

and any others they are planning..

I know NCL has posted here on previous items.....

NCL...PLEASE let us know status of changes..

Who said anything about the coffee maker going away? I saw one post where the author said "what's next, are they going to take the coffee maker away too?", but that's it.

Unless I missed something (which is very well possible), this was strictly a guess, no?

Also why would NCL tell people what they are cutting? It makes no sense for them to do that, would anyone go on a first date and tell the other person what they suck at and point out their own faults? :confused:

Who said anything about the coffee maker going away? I saw one post where the author said "what's next, are they going to take the coffee maker away too?", but that's it.

Unless I missed something (which is very well possible), this was strictly a guess, no?

Someone mentioned, last week, that they saw room stewards removing coffee makers from cabins on their cruise. No one can seem to find that post now. But, I do remember reading it.

PE

Someone mentioned' date=' last week, that they saw room stewards removing coffee makers from cabins on their cruise. No one can seem to find that post now. But, I do remember reading it.

PE[/color']

Me to. But until there is more confirmation that they're being pulled I'm still in 'wait & see' mode. I suspect though, that if they had been pulled we would've already had a flood of "THEY'RE GONE" posts

Some things seem to develop a life of their own

would anyone go on a first date and tell the other person what they suck at and point out their own faults?

I always used to do that - It immediately breaks the ice when the other person gets to hear you acknowledge where you are crap :)

The problem in the Internet age is that when companies keep silent about changes in features the noise level just grows anyway. Rumors start up.

Customers are not dumb, communication and information are more prevalent than ever before. People will notice even if you keep silent on a topic.

Okay seriously, they are removing the little coffee makers? Am I on candid camera?

Time to find one to bring onboard. Thank goodness for these boards or I would never have known.

no one has said that yet. SOmeone say them taking coffee makers out of cabins. Maybe they were cleaning them, maybe they were replacing them, lots of maybe, yes, maybe they are talking them out??? Who knows. I am not quite sure how removing coffee makers will save a lot of money except maybe breakage I guess. Either way, people will still be drinking coffee. If anything it might be beneficial to keep them in the cabins. To me, it makes no difference.

Nita

I always used to do that - It immediately breaks the ice when the other person gets to hear you acknowledge where you are crap :)

The problem in the Internet age is that when companies keep silent about changes in features the noise level just grows anyway. Rumors start up.

Customers are not dumb, communication and information are more prevalent than ever before. People will notice even if you keep silent on a topic.

only those who over-react to little things will keep the noise level up. Yes, the days of the net has changed lots of things for us. but we need to learn to roll with punches, not get worked up over things that make little difference and worry about the really big problems.

Nita

Wow...this thread is still going strong!:)

I personally did not care for the champagne, but it was a nice treat. Some people have mentioned paying extra upfront to have this remain. I do not care for that either. If you are willing to pay upfront for it, then you might as well buy it onboard.

On my last NCL cruise, there were half full flute glasses everywhere. Based on that, I can see why NCL would do away with this.

On the flip side, since so many people are not in favour of this change, maybe NCL will change their minds. :)

Someone mentioned' date=' last week, that they saw room stewards removing coffee makers from cabins on their cruise. No one can seem to find that post now. But, I do remember reading it.[/color']

PE

We always ask the steward to remove the coffee makers, no use to us and takes up space on the table, so it might have been for that reason that they were being removed!

OK took awhile, but I contacted NCL only thing I could get info on was the CHAMPAGNE IS GONE with no plans to return it.

I must say it was such a nice way to start the cruise, they even raised the anniversary package by $56 in one shot, so that ended that for me. I always got it on every cruise, but I don't even like the canapes and prefer Cagney's over LeBistro. I would always order it give away the canapes (always) made someone smile and then would eat in both rest. and pay extra for Lobster. Now I am streamlining just Cagney's.

What is next to go?

Mew1

Don't even say that.

PE

If I were able to cruise I would have serious doubts about NCL in the future. Not bad enough they give me credit for one cruise where anyone else would give two, now they seem to be trying to take away everything that makes sailing with them special.

I know it's only been said by one cruiser but if they took the coffee makers out of the cabin, that would finally be a deal breaker for me. I usually get coffee from room service also but I like to turn it on as soon as I wake up and get moving (and dressed) at my own pace.

Archived