2010 Cruise Directors

I don't know what I am missing here, but why do people care so much about who the CD is? I could care less. I will have fun regardless of who it is.

A good cruise director can make all the difference. Drew Devine on Monarch is awesome, Casey Pelter on Adventure... not so much. Not that Adventure wasn't fun, but sea days (for me) on Monarch were so much better than on Adventure.

A good cruise director can make all the difference. Drew Devine on Monarch is awesome, Casey Pelter on Adventure... not so much. Not that Adventure wasn't fun, but sea days (for me) on Monarch were so much better than on Adventure.

+1 I have to agree.

Yes, there is always a way to have fun on cruise but a cruise director and their staff set the tones for most of the activities in the ship -if you attend those.

Wow...We've only cruised three times, but Casey Pelter is our favorite so far! We're hoping to see him again on the Serenade next month. His "fountain" routine on the Adventure was side-splitting!

Wow...We've only cruised three times, but Casey Pelter is our favorite so far! We're hoping to see him again on the Serenade next month. His "fountain" routine on the Adventure was side-splitting!

We first saw "Fountains" on MJ last May with Ricky Matthews. Now that was side-splitting...Ricky Matthews squirting water out of his mouth. But I bet with H1N1 and flu season, water spitting on each other is out of the question right now.

Maybe he was having a bad week when I was on Adventure. *Shrug* My biggest beef was that I NEVER saw him around the ship outside of the shows he was running or hosting.

A Great CD can really make a cruise. Interested in that list too. We cruise Liberty in April and hoping James Andrews will be onboard...

We will be on the 2-7-10 sailing of Liberty, and I read somewhere (maybe the roll call) that James Andrews will be onboard for our sailing. We've had him before.

We've had Drew Devine as well 3 times - twice on the Mariner and once on the Monarch - he is so awesome and so personable and guess what he's Canadian which is a bonus for us being Canadians - just waiting to hear from him where he'll be next - he's on vacation til the end of March:)

We will be on the 2-7-10 sailing of Liberty, and I read somewhere (maybe the roll call) that James Andrews will be onboard for our sailing. We've had him before.

Hope he will still be onboard in April. If he is off now, I don't know how often they take their break. We have had James three times before and he is our favorite -

We've had Drew Devine as well 3 times - twice on the Mariner and once on the Monarch - he is so awesome and so personable and guess what he's Canadian which is a bonus for us being Canadians - just waiting to hear from him where he'll be next - he's on vacation til the end of March:)

I talked to Drew last Sunday and he said he'd be back on Monarch after his vacation. Course things could change between now and then...

I too could care less who the cruise director is. The less I see him or her the better.

I don't get it? Are they celebrities or something? Why do people complain if they don't see them around the ship?

Try to allow for the fact that not everyone sees things in the same way that you do. There can be a wide difference in the quality of cruise directors and when you have experienced an excellent CD you may understand that difference and come to appreciate the interest that some (not all) cruisers exhibit in knowing who their CD will be. To answer your question: Yes, to a certain degree some cruise directors are celebrities and if you read these boards you will quickly discover which ones they are.

Come join us on our roll call!!!

The cruise director oversees and sets up all the activities on the ship. So, it's not just his/her personality, it is his/her executive ability and the ability to motivate the staff. The appearances are just the tip of the iceberg.

I too could care less who the cruise director is. The less I see him or her the better.

I don't get it? Are they celebrities or something? Why do people complain if they don't see them around the ship?

Everyone entitled to opinion ... no need to slam those asking a question. Some of us responded to this thread because sometimes a good or bad cruise director can make or break a cruise. I have had some very poor CD's in the past and it affected the events that the ship had or did not have.

We just got off the Serenade last week and Casey was there - hes hilarious!! Truly a fabulous cruise director!

I don't think I ever even noticed a CD until we had Graham Seymore (sp?) on IOS last year. Now I realize what a difference a good CD can make. He was hilarious and kept us totally engaged in the activities on the ship. I hope we have someone like him on FOS at the end of this month.

I don't know what I am missing here, but why do people care so much about who the CD is? I could care less. I will have fun regardless of who it is.

Agree to an extent , not sure why some think it is so significant .Some cruises i have been on , they have been over the top -others hardly seen .Either way you do what you do on the ship anyway

The Cruise last year on the Jewel was Joth , who i thought was very good -seemed to be working every hour day and night , always jovial / funny without being over the top

Agree to an extent , not sure why some think it is so significant .Some cruises i have been on , they have been over the top -others hardly seen .Either way you do what you do on the ship anyway

The Cruise last year on the Jewel was Joth , who i thought was very good -seemed to be working every hour day and night , always jovial / funny without being over the top

That was Joff Eaton and there seems to be a general agreement among the posters on this board that he has quickly become one of RCI's most popular CDs. We were on the westbound Transatlantic cruise on the Jewel when he was the CD and his morning TV show was a must see. Hope he will be the CD on one of our future cruises.:)

That was Joff Eaton and there seems to be a general agreement among the posters on this board that he has quickly become one of RCI's most popular CDs. We were on the westbound Transatlantic cruise on the Jewel when he was the CD and his morning TV show was a must see. Hope he will be the CD on one of our future cruises.:)

Thats the man Negc , he was very good

We just got off the Jewel and Keith Williams was the CD. I've never paid much attention to the CDs before (they usually seem a bit over the top or smarmy) but Keith was AWESOME. Very genuine, approachable, and a lot of fun. You will have a fantastic time if he's on your ship!

Archived