2010 Cruise Directors

That was Joff Eaton and there seems to be a general agreement among the posters on this board that he has quickly become one of RCI's most popular CDs. We were on the westbound Transatlantic cruise on the Jewel when he was the CD and his morning TV show was a must see. Hope he will be the CD on one of our future cruises.:)

I was also on that cruise and Joff and his assistant Steve was the best CD and AM i have ever seen on any ship! The english and american humor was so funny! I see from these posts Joff and Steve are no longer together. Joff is on the independence and Steve is still on the Jewel. Maybe someday they will be back together again!

We will be on the 2-7-10 sailing of Liberty, and I read somewhere (maybe the roll call) that James Andrews will be onboard for our sailing. We've had him before.

I hope he is. We'll be on the Liberty Feb. 28th. He was our CD on the Navigator years ago. He's my favorite so far.

I was also on that cruise and Joff and his assistant Steve was the best CD and AM i have ever seen on any ship! The english and american humor was so funny! I see from these posts Joff and Steve are no longer together. Joff is on the independence and Steve is still on the Jewel. Maybe someday they will be back together again!

Both Joff and Steve had left the Jewel by the time we sailed on her again last October and November. They were certainly among the best teams we have seen on a cruise ship and hope that they reunite on a ship that we are on in the future.:)

I don't know what I am missing here, but why do people care so much about who the CD is? I could care less. I will have fun regardless of who it is.

I feel the same way. but maybe thats cause I have only been on a couple cruises. But I couldnt tell you either ones name, they were both good

We first saw "Fountains" on MJ last May with Ricky Matthews. Now that was side-splitting...Ricky Matthews squirting water out of his mouth. But I bet with H1N1 and flu season, water spitting on each other is out of the question right now.

NOA last Jan.....Now that Ricky was Funny!!!!!!

Him and his big buddy ...can't remember his name....I have great pics of those maniacs...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
That was Joff Eaton and there seems to be a general agreement among the posters on this board that he has quickly become one of RCI's most popular CDs. We were on the westbound Transatlantic cruise on the Jewel when he was the CD and his morning TV show was a must see. Hope he will be the CD on one of our future cruises.:)

Just got off the Indy this morning, and I was one of those who never thought a CD could make a difference, but Joff was HYSTERICALLY funny! My whole family thought he was amazing, and he MADE the trip for us!!

just off Radiance on Feb 12, and CD was Dan but I can't remember his last name. He was by far, after 6 cruises, the best. Very funny, everywhere on the ship, stopped to talk with everyone and really seemed to be interested in what everyone had to say.

A Great CD can really make a cruise. Interested in that list too. We cruise Liberty in April and hoping James Andrews will be onboard...

What exactly does a good CD do that a poor one doesn't? I'm with the OP in that it really never seems to matter to me who is the CD. Where do you see the difference?

What exactly does a good CD do that a poor one doesn't? I'm with the OP in that it really never seems to matter to me who is the CD. Where do you see the difference?

After 7 cruises I can finally answer this, because I never thought it made a difference. Just returned from from the Voyager and we had Mike Szwa"whatever", his joke not mine. Anyway this guy is great, never recycled the same stale cruise jokes you hear on every ship. Came up with new ideas, Fountains, Liar Club, Really Hard Trivia, and new Version of the Quest. He was also responsible for the the Headline Entertainment. And for our cruise that included having the "Texas Tenors" and the funniest comedian we have ever heard "Keith Mcgill" Never once did he mention the Top 10 Question asked about on a cruise ship, which buy the way we have heard 6 times and every C.D says that it was asked on the current sailing. When Mike tells a story it is an actual experience. Because my wife "spirit fingers" became a story for this week. Like I said before very original and if you want to see him you better rush because he stated this is last year to cruise he has been doing it for 10 years and is ready to start a family. Also you have to see FOUNTAINS, which is very unique and 6 minutes of the funniest things I have every seen.

Archived