David and Goliath- Oasis and Spirit!

Host Dan

No, I can't view it either, but I know what it looks like. <g> I asked Dan to post it because I still have troubles adding a photo, even after detailed instructions. Perhaps it's like the emperor's new clothes?

Dan

I can not view it as well ~~anyway to repost the photo?

The Oasis was in St Thomas on Dec. 15th before I boarded the Spirit ~~ guess the passengers don't mind hearing the leaf blower or the lawn mower when the gardners work on Central Park!

Martita B.

This leviathan was docked in FLL when we arrived 11-29 aboard the Spirit. In the early morning hours, as we neared port, I could see the outline of lights. First I thought....is that the terminal? Then I drifted off again and didn't wake til it was full light. Wow, I thought, while I still lay abed and caught the sight out the french doors - it's a hotel they made look like a ship. Only when I actually roused myself and went to the terrace did I think - Holy c*** - it's a ship they made look like a hotel!!

Takes all kinds, I guess...but it sure ain't our cuppa!

The Oasis of the Seas is exactly why I want to know which ships are in port when we disembark. Thanks for the link, Martha.

Quite .... this is what was waiting for us in Antigua in November. Needless to say, St. Johns was a zoo.

arrivinginantigua4.jpg

I was on the Spirit on deck 4 when we docked in Phillipsburg. As I drew my drapes I could see only a wall of balconies--if I looked up. I could not see either end of the ship or the top decks. When she was preparing to leave I counted a continuous long liine of over 250 passengers waiting to go through airport-type security before boarding

The day was very hot but Oais provided shade from the sun at the Sky bar, the only positive comment anyone made about her. One passenger was lobbying for a tour but we were not in port long enough. There were six ships in Phillipsburg that day which probably boosted the economy greatly!

Archived