what to pack on stops

kimberlymae1423

Hi there,

I was just wondering what people usually pack when they leave the ship for the day. Somebody mentioned a copy of a passport, what else is standard?

We have a sting-ray excursion planned in the Cayman Islands that we will have to leave our things on the boat and a cave tubing excursion in Belize that I am most concerned about.

I don't want to over pack or forget anything when we leave the ship for the day...please help!

You don't need your passport to go ashore in any Caribbean port.

We take only a small amount of cash (unless we're planning on shopping!), our ship key/ID and DL....sometimes you'll need a picture ID to get back into the port area before reboarding the ship, and one credit card (not the one linked to our ship's account!)

The water in GC is fine to drink, so we don't usually bring water unless we'll be away from civilization!

If you're on an excursion, you really don't need to bring tons of stuff! If it's a "water" type of thing, we bring our pool towels, too.

Remember, your ship key, credit card, etc...are plastic and waterproof. If hubby has a velcro pocket on his swimtrunks, that will work.

You can safely leave your things in the excursion transportation.

I don't like to have to carry any more than I have to, so I only bring the basics: ship key card, drivers license, sunscreen, money, camera, sunglasses. If its a water activity, I will also bring my (the ship's) beach towel and if its a relaxing sit-on-the-beach type excursion, I will include a book or a magazine.

All great advice! Thanks so much...so just a copy of DL is ok? I'll just make my hubby carry everything in his shorts (he loves doing that, haha). We will not be the "ugly Americans" but I think we will definitely stand out as tourist as we both have barely ever traveled in our lives :)

Is a credit card necessary?

When going to the beach we usually bring a plastic water proof case that goes around you neck to put your money and credid cards in.

Jim

Oh boy, I need that. Where did you get that! Who makes it? That is a great idea...I've seen ones that were similar but yours sounds better.

All great advice! Thanks so much...so just a copy of DL is ok? I'll just make my hubby carry everything in his shorts (he loves doing that, haha). We will not be the "ugly Americans" but I think we will definitely stand out as tourist as we both have barely ever traveled in our lives :)

Is a credit card necessary?

Credit card is only necessary if you plan to spend more money than you want to carrry.

I wouldn't take a copy of your DL....take the real thing.

Be careful if putting items in pocket, as these can float out when in the water! We use water wallets for our credit card, ship's ID, DL and cash. I string mine around my swimsuit strap, and DH puts his around his neck or in the velcroed shut pocket on his swimsuit.

When in Stingray City, we put our water wallets into the bottom of our backpack. Things are pretty secure on those types of excursions.

We wear shorts and tops over our swimsuits, so we don't pack any other clothing.

Ship's towel, sunglasses, sunscreen, always go on beach/water excursions with us.

Have a great time!

Hi there,

I was just wondering what people usually pack when they leave the ship for the day. Somebody mentioned a copy of a passport, what else is standard?

We have a sting-ray excursion planned in the Cayman Islands that we will have to leave our things on the boat and a cave tubing excursion in Belize that I am most concerned about.

I don't want to over pack or forget anything when we leave the ship for the day...please help!

There are many dry packs that hold money, credit cards and passport that are worn around the waist while you are at the beach and in the water. Packs are also made for camera etc.

I use one by Aquapac and never had any problems with it in the water. While you are on

Sting ray excursion, you items will be on the excursion boat and should be safe. Google

dry packs and read about the different items that available.

Generally the excursion will have drinks for you. I always take money, credit card, ship card, copy of passport, towel from ship, sun lotion, camera.

Have a great trip.

Archived