Monarch of the Seas questions

My family of six will be cruising out of Port Canaveral in late May. The kids want Carnival Destiny and I want RCI ship. It all comes down to whether or not there is 24 hour pizza and ice cream available on the ship. Can a previous Monarch of the Seas cruiser tell me whether or not I can get the self serve ice cream and 24 hour pizza. The Carnival cruise is more expensive but the kids like the availability of ice cream and pizza. Feel free to provide me any other ammo I can use against the Destiny.

Are the kids paying their own way?? Sorry...in my family if you weren't paying you didn't get a vote...

And personally the pizza & soft serve are not that great on EITHER ship so I'd save the money..go with RCL and tell the kids you will buy them a good pizza when you get home...

The pizza might be close to 24 hours - maybe 3am if my memory serves. However, I don't think there is any soft serve ice cream on Monarch. They will have hand dipped ice cream available in the afternoon in Windjammer (buffet), but I cannot recall ever having soft serve on Monarch.

Bob

We just got off the Monarch last week with two 16 yr olds,a 17 yo, and a 19 year old plus 7 more adults and I can tell you not one of us felt food deprived at any point in the 5 days. The 16 yo boys seemed to eat pizza all the time! There was soft serve in the Windjammer and it also seemed like we saw kids eating that all the time all over the ship.

This was our 6th cruise and favorite so far. The staff is the best we've seen and we'd all go back in a second!

Just got off Monarch last Monday, and there was a soft serve ice cream machine. There was a choice of chocolate or chocolate and vanilla mix, or strawberry and vanilla mix. The pizza is pretty good but, not sure if it is available 24 hours a day ( never stayed up past midnight ) but, it was available at that time.

Hello there!!

Im travelling on Monarch in 5 weeks with my two best friends, it'll be my 6th cruise but my friends 1st! Im reading some dodgy reviews about Monarch, do we have anything to worry about? Our cabin in an ocean view on deck 8? I would love to hear your views about this ship as i have yet to have a bad expereince with any RC cruises.

Many thanks

Irish Cruiser

Hello there!!

Im travelling on Monarch in 5 weeks with my two best friends, it'll be my 6th cruise but my friends 1st! Im reading some dodgy reviews about Monarch, do we have anything to worry about? Our cabin in an ocean view on deck 8? I would love to hear your views about this ship as i have yet to have a bad expereince with any RC cruises.

Many thanks

Irish Cruiser

We've been on Monarch 3 times, and will go again in Feb. While it is the oldest and smallest ship on Royal's fleet, it is well maintained, and the staff is unsurpassed. Cabins are on the small side, but well laid out for space utilization.

Bob

Good to hear positive facts!! Our cabin is a connecting one, even though we did not request one its the only type thats available, i presume everything is soundproofed? Looking forward to our cruise, do you know what the weather will be like in feb - our cruise commences on the 22nd?

You can hear slight noise through a connecting cabin. The more worrying thing on deck 8 is if your cabin is above Boleros Lounge - the noise was really bad on our first Monarch cruise.:mad: Guest relations moved us closer to the front of the ship, which meant no more noise.:)

Archived