Just Back from Nassau

toonjie

Nannie,

You should post a separate thread - more people will find your question that way. Which dolphin encounter are you asking about, the Atlantis one or the Dolphin Encounters one?

We did the Dolphin Encounters this past May and thought it was great. We booked directly through their website. Later we needed to add two more people and just emailed them. No problems. We did the Dolphin Encounter, not the Dolphin Swim, and afterwards spent an hour or so checking out the rest of the island. We got to see the sea lions playing. It was a great day.

The passes were $40 each and they included $30 food credit each, they start a house account for you at the pool bar. I don't think you can do any better if close to the ship is what you want. You can hit all the downtown spots very easily from here and the straw market, (or should I say, fake market-mostly knockoff crap) is right on the way.

The beach was very nice and there didn't seem to be any effect from the dredging. The was a floating boom all around the beach to protect it, that was the only visible sign.

Does the Hilton furnish a beach towel or do you have to bring one with you?

How did you get to Atlantis and was your mother able to take her scooter along? was this a problem at all?

My mom didn't go to Atlantis, but most of the taxis were big vans so we could have disassembled it a bit a put it in the back. We have often done this for excursions.

Does the Hilton furnish a beach towel or do you have to bring one with you?

Yes, they provide towels, I won't even tell you how many we used! :rolleyes:

What was the water temp like for snorkeling?

A little cool, I'd recommend a 3mm wetsuit, but it was doable without one.

Air temp was in the high 70's

Love your pictures! I wasn't too excited about Nassau but now I definitely am!

Thanks!

Please tell me that Island Marketing is a good place to work with, we reserved 5 day passes with them for April.

You bet they are good. I've used them in Cozumel 2x and in Grand Cayman as well as this time and I've never had anything but a great experience all through the entire process.

Thank You, I thought I had gotten the website on the boards but wanted to make sure, I like to make plans ahead of time but wanted to make sure they were good to use. Last year our travel agent went bankrupt and we had her paid in full for an Alaska cruise, she had not paid the cruiseline yet and could not do it, she did tell us to disputer the charge with the credit card company and we did get our money back, but friends of ours used a debit card and were not so lucky. Anyway I am now a little more careful and make my plans threw the cruiseline, I had used this same agent for about 8 years.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the pictures......

Do you think I could get a beach/pool pass at the Hilton, one that doesn't include a food voucher?

It seems a shame to spend $30.00 on food and drink when the ship is right there......

http://bahamascruiseexcursions.com/NassauHiltonResortPass.htm thats a link to the island marketing that sells day passes to the Hilton.

That looks really interesting. Can anyone who has been there tell me if you can really use the Kayaks, or if there are so few that it is hard to use them.

Also, a $30 voucher seems like quite a bit of money. If we don't drink alcoholic beverages, what will we be able to get with that voucher? For example, how much does a typical lunch cost, etc.

Thanks.

That looks really interesting. Can anyone who has been there tell me if you can really use the Kayaks, or if there are so few that it is hard to use them.

Also, a $30 voucher seems like quite a bit of money. If we don't drink alcoholic beverages, what will we be able to get with that voucher? For example, how much does a typical lunch cost, etc.

Thanks.

There are typically 2 kayaks and a couple of large tubes for use, plus mats in the pool. There are not usually alot of people, so it's likely that you will be able to use them .

As for the vouchers, lunch items run from $9 - $17 ..

Voucher or lunch included is the only way a hotel will make any money on a day pass. They are in business, the want cruisers to spend money on the property.

They don't allow food brought onto the property, and I don't blame them.

Thanks for all the pictures......

Do you think I could get a beach/pool pass at the Hilton, one that doesn't include a food voucher?

It seems a shame to spend $30.00 on food and drink when the ship is right there......

Hi. Thanks! I have heard of people getting it in the past, but I don't think the $10 ones are available anymore. You will definitely use up the voucher, though food wasn't as expensive as on many of the islands I've been to. The food was excellent, much better than the buffet on the ship!

OK, I've never been to Nassau and am a little confused as to why I would book at the Hilton. Is this just getting a day pass or are you actually booking a room in order to get the day pass. Is the pass to use Hiltons resort facilities? Thanks for any clarification on this.

BTW - GREAT pics!

OK, I've never been to Nassau and am a little confused as to why I would book at the Hilton. Is this just getting a day pass or are you actually booking a room in order to get the day pass. Is the pass to use Hiltons resort facilities? Thanks for any clarification on this.

BTW - GREAT pics!

Thanks, and yes, it's just a day pass to use the facilities. It includes $30 credit towards food at the pool bar.

Archived