I Should Have Never Asked For Clarification Of Our Latitudes Levels

njhorseman

I'd send an e-mail to kevin Sheehan's people.... You are one of the most recognized posters on this site..... NCL will lose how much by making you platinum on this cruise? The cost of a bag of clean laundry? The cost of a behind the scenes tour? Dinner at Le Bistro? If I'm correct these are the three perks that are the difference between gold and platinum. If I were the CEO of Norweigan I would want you happy...... and I know you love NCL and you shouldn't be put in this position to begin with...... You are close enough...especially considering the pre-1995 cruises and the fact that you do long cruises....you bring up an excellent point about the program.... GOOD LUCK.....but I wouldn't let it die just yet....go higher up the food chain for results...... there may be a lot of bean counters....But Sheehan is a great CEO and I doubt he would appreciate this situation.....

You need to read more than just the first original OP this has been resolved to NJhorseman's satisfaction.

I don't think the Latitudes program began until the 90s, so that might be why your earlier cruises aren't counting (although you have an 89 one that is?). Anyone else that knows more about that might be able to say for sure.

When I sailed on the Jewel and they said I was new to NCL - I said that I wasn't and that's when THEY told me to send in proof. If one cruise moved me up one spot great, if not, no biggie.

Funny, my 3 recent cruises are 14, 2 and 14 nighters. So three cruise credits for 30 nights. Average 10 nights. I do wish you got credit for nights booked and a premium for each level of cabin (not each small bump in each category), but inside-100%, outside-105%, balcony-110%, mini-115%, penthouse-125%, CV-130%, OS-140% and GV-150% just for an example.

NCL, are you listening?

When I sailed on the Jewel and they said I was new to NCL - I said that I wasn't and that's when THEY told me to send in proof. If one cruise moved me up one spot great, if not, no biggie.

Funny, my 3 recent cruises are 14, 2 and 14 nighters. So three cruise credits for 30 nights. Average 10 nights. I do wish you got credit for nights booked and a premium for each level of cabin (not each small bump in each category), but inside-100%, outside-105%, balcony-110%, mini-115%, penthouse-125%, CV-130%, OS-140% and GV-150% just for an example.

NCL, are you listening?

I am not NCL but I am listening (reading) and totally agree with you.

Sorry to confuse you with the facts, but after an exchange of emails with NCL, they determined that in fact my wife's Platinum status was correct and that my status should be upgraded. They had made the initial determination that we were not Platinum without having complete information at hand. When I provided them with that information, they agreed with my position.

Then I stand corrected, and apologize. :o

• 1 month later...
I'd send an e-mail to kevin Sheehan's people.... You are one of the most recognized posters on this site..... NCL will lose how much by making you platinum on this cruise? The cost of a bag of clean laundry? The cost of a behind the scenes tour? Dinner at Le Bistro? If I'm correct these are the three perks that are the difference between gold and platinum. If I were the CEO of Norweigan I would want you happy...... and I know you love NCL and you shouldn't be put in this position to begin with...... You are close enough...especially considering the pre-1995 cruises and the fact that you do long cruises....you bring up an excellent point about the program.... GOOD LUCK.....but I wouldn't let it die just yet....go higher up the food chain for results...... there may be a lot of bean counters....But Sheehan is a great CEO and I doubt he would appreciate this situation.....

Can you share Mr. Sheehan's email address, please?

I'm really happy that my status on any particular cruise line means nothing to me.

I'd hate to be like some of you, getting myself in a tizzy over crap like this.

jeeze. :rolleyes:

If you checked out the benefits, you would know that at this level we will be saving about $125 per cruise by receiving a complimentary dinner and wine in a specialty restaurant we otherwise pay to dine in as well as complimentary laundry service we otherwise pay for.

Quite a bit different order of magnitude than not getting a mint on your pillow or a glass of cheap sparkling wine.

Apparently you think it's OK for the cruise line to effectively charge you an extra $125 or so for your cruise for items they continue to promote as part of their frequent cruiser program. If NCL chooses to discontinue or change those benefits that is their right. If they continue to offer them then it is my right to receive them.

Apparently you think it's OK for the cruise line to effectively charge you an extra $125 or so for your cruise for items they continue to promote as part of their frequent cruiser program. If NCL chooses to discontinue or change those benefits that is their right. If they continue to offer them then it is my right to receive them.

No. I just don't get wrappped up in all that crap.

To be honest, if I wasn't a CC member and didn't see my cruise history posted in front of me every day, I likely wouldn't even pay attention to how many cruises I have taken.

But yes, you are 100% right that if they do continue to offer them and you have earned it, you should get it.

Archived