I Should Have Never Asked For Clarification Of Our Latitudes Levels

njhorseman

Yesterday, I made the mistake of emailing NCL's Latitudes department in an attempt to reconcile the difference between my listed level (Gold) and my wife's (Platinum).

I received a response today stating that my wife was erroneously credited twice for one of our cruises, so not only was I not entitled to Platinum status, but they were also going to roll back my wife's level to Gold!

The bean counters and nickel and dimers are clearly in complete control now at NCL. What message does this send to loyal long time cruisers, particularly since we are going on another NCL cruise next month and that will bring both of us up to Platinum anyway. NCL's program already falls short of some its competitors because it doesn't give additional credit for longer cruises or suite accommodations. Ironically, the cuise in question was a 14 nighter. They also don't give credit for NCL cruises taken prior to 1995, and we have a couple of those.

I'm not a happy camper (or should I say cruiser) today!

Yesterday, I made the mistake of emailing NCL's Latitudes department ... I received a response today stating that my wife was erroneously credited twice for one of our cruises, so not only was I not entitled to Platinum status, but they were also going to roll back my wife's level to Gold!

What message does this send...[?]

Oh, that's easy. This is the message it sends, about NCL customer orientation: http://www.despair.com/cudi.html

InThe

Yesterday, I made the mistake of emailing NCL's Latitudes department in an attempt to reconcile the difference between my listed level (Gold) and my wife's (Platinum).

I received a response today stating that my wife was erroneously credited twice for one of our cruises, so not only was I not entitled to Platinum status, but they were also going to roll back my wife's level to Gold!

The bean counters and nickel and dimers are clearly in complete control now at NCL. What message does this send to loyal long time cruisers, particularly since we are going on another NCL cruise next month and that will bring both of us up to Platinum anyway. NCL's program already falls short of some its competitors because it doesn't give additional credit for longer cruises or suite accommodations. Ironically, the cuise in question was a 14 nighter. They also don't give credit for NCL cruises taken prior to 1995, and we have a couple of those.

I am afraid to ask. I don't know how many cruises they have for me....(and if you email off line I will tell you why)...

Dear Horseman;

I count you as one of the smart ones on this board and surprised you would have opened up this can of worms by emailing them. Tsk, tsk!

Okay, I might have made the same mistake.

In the end, the level is not worth much as far as I can tell.

WEll, if she was credited twice that explains her being downgraded to Gold again. I think you can understand that.. As for not being credited for prior to 1995, I didn't realize that. and the part about longer cruises, i think you are completely right, but on the other hand they do give credit for shorter cruises which makes some people happy.

I will only say one thing about the latitude program that we really like compared to others: the parties are better, with more door prizes and more staff available. Other than that, you are right, they really are not offering us that much anymore, especially if they have taken away the bottle of wine and fruit basket upon arrival...

Nita

Hey, horse...

Remember that one time your wife said she was going out of town to visit her mother? Are you sure she didn't really go on a NCL cruise without you?

Of course I am just kidding!

I was told that if I could show proof of my cruise on the Norway in 1986 they would give me credit. I just found my NCL ship photos (by staff photographer). That will bite if they renig.

There's this little thing in business called goodwill. But it is slowly disappearing from our culture.

So sorry for you.

Hey, horse...

Remember that one time your wife said she was going out of town to visit her mother? Are you sure she didn't really go on a NCL cruise without you?

Of course I am just kidding!

I was told that if I could show proof of my cruise on the Norway in 1986 they would give me credit. I just found my NCL ship photos (by staff photographer). That will bite if they renig.

There's this little thing in business called goodwill. But it is slowly disappearing from our culture.

So sorry for you.

Good luck...

Just read a bit of fine print on the new NCL website and found this in it...

As a Latitudes member, you are responsible for ensuring that any cruises taken have been properly credited to your account. If you believe that a cruise has not been properly credited, you may be required to submit documentation or other proof satisfactory to NCL, which may include copies of ticket coupons, boarding passes, and/or receipts. Any claim for uncredited cruises must be received by NCL within 12 months after cruise was taken.

If you are both staying in the same cabin, then you would not gain anything both being Platinum.

Enjoy

So are you saying you are ticked off because NCL isn't giving you something you admit are not entitled to? I fail to see how this could be "nickel & dimming". Really, grow up!

Wow, that is a lot of gall! :eek:

Love that website...thanks!!

Then as a cruiser, you'll appreciate this one: http://www.despair.com/mis24x30prin.html

And if you are ever so fortunate as to visit Easter Island (like my Mom did, instead of staying home and enjoying an almost-surely-futile round of chemo), then you'll appreciate this one: http://www.despair.com/priorities.html

InThe

Hey, horse...

So sorry for you.

Hi

Who did you speak with to get credit for your 1986 cruise? My TA was told that they don't give credit for any cruise past 5 years. I have my Passenger Ticket Contract from 1999 and would like to get credit.

Again, please let me know who to contact

Thanks

Lorraine:)

Hi

Who did you speak with to get credit for your 1986 cruise? My TA was told that they don't give credit for any cruise past 5 years. I have my Passenger Ticket Contract from 1999 and would like to get credit.

Again, please let me know who to contact

Thanks

Lorraine:)

The Latitudes program was in place when I took my first NCL cruise in 1997 which I when I got my Latitudes card so you should have already been on the program at that time.

WEll, if she was credited twice that explains her being downgraded to Gold again. I think you can understand that..
I understand it.

If NCL had missed one a Latitudes member would want them to add it. Why should the reverse be any different?

So are you saying you are ticked off because NCL isn't giving you something you admit are not entitled to? I fail to see how this could be "nickel & dimming". Really, grow up!

OP has always provided this board with fair and balanced opinions . He is entitled to be dissapointed since he is going to be Platinum after this cruise anyway. Without speaking for the poster I think he was using "nickel and diming" as an analogy for all the recent measures of cost cutting imposed by NCL and every mass market cruise line.

Guess what. NCL decided I was right. Not only did they not roll back my wife's status, they also ugraded my status to Platinum. Someone woke up and realized that maintaining customer good will at virtually no cost to them (hence my "nickel and dime" comment) was far more important than arguing over how cruises should be credited. Since the cruise in question was 2 weeks in length they decided I should also receive double credit.

Next time you might want to think twice before telling someone to "grow up" and accusing them of having "a lot of gall".

Guess what. NCL decided I was right. Not only did they not roll back my wife's status, they also ugraded my status to Platinum. Someone woke up and realized that maintaining customer good will at virtually no cost to them (hence my "nickel and dime" comment) was far more important than arguing over how cruises should be credited. Since the cruise in question was 2 weeks in length they decided I should also receive double credit.

Next time you might want to think twice before telling someone to "grow up" and accusing them of having "a lot of gall".

That's great. Now you can get a behind the scenes tour on your next cruise along with a load of laundy!

Have fun!:)

Archived