Question on Wine Packages on Solstice

One Morlock

About to leave on Solstice but I am confused about "Drink Packages" offered. I know they have a beer and frozen drink package but I don't see anything about Wine Packages. I've previously only sailed RCCL and they offered what I thought were great Wine Packages for the week. Does anybody who has sailed both know if Celebrity offers the same?

Thanks in advance for your responses!

You can order all the packages including wine on the before you sail page on the celbrity web site. Wine packages include , I think, 5 bottles of wine...varied. Can order regular or premium brands.

You can also preorder bottles of your choice to go to your room or a restuarant. Not too much of a choice but cheaper than the packages tho.

I called as recently as last weekend concerning my 1/31/10 sailing on the Solstice...

The wine packages are not yet available on line of the Solstice or Equinox

Unlike all RCCL and most Celebrity sailings!

The person with Celebrity said to check once on board and a packabe maybe available at that time.

Good Luck and Great Wine!

Gary

Wine packages are not offered on Solstice class - I don't know why.

Assume you can buy them on board.

Personally I think all alcohol packages are very expensive and even as a wine drinker I think the wine selection is very limited so will not be buying one.

Going on Century on 23rd this month; looking to find costs of the wine packages in dollars .... want to see whether it's better to pre-book, or to puchase once on board. Was on the Century in October and had the sommellier package and was very happy with it ... just can't remember how much it cost!

Cheers

Lou

Just returned from the Equinox Xmas /New Year cruise and had expected to buy a wine package after boarding. Sommelier selling wine tasting sessions advised that they could not yet work out how to manage this on Solstice Class ships because of the number of restaurants. He said a trail had not been successful but that they hoped to have a system in place by April. Website remains very unclear about this.

You can order all the packages including wine on the before you sail page on the celbrity web site. Wine packages include , I think, 5 bottles of wine...varied. Can order regular or premium brands.

You can also preorder bottles of your choice to go to your room or a restuarant. Not too much of a choice but cheaper than the packages tho.

I stand correcte. I was thinking of M class. Perhaps the OP wants to just pre order a couple bottles for a start?

Just returned from the Equinox Xmas /New Year cruise and had expected to buy a wine package after boarding. Sommelier selling wine tasting sessions advised that they could not yet work out how to manage this on Solstice Class ships because of the number of restaurants. He said a trail had not been successful but that they hoped to have a system in place by April. Website remains very unclear about this.

That seems kind of weak. How hard can it be?:rolleyes:

Kirk

Archived