car rental in Grand Cayman

Rmascot25

keep in mind when planning on renting a car that grand cayman is british style driving. they drive on the left side of the road and the cars have the driver side on the right of the car.

if you can, get a car at least set up like what your used to (assuming youre US). driving from the "wrong" side of the car on the "wrong" side of the road gets very confusing. if the car is at least something familiar driving isnt so bad.

watch out for intersections!! they are the trickiest. you go to make a turn and automatically want to go into the right side lane.

We are planning on renting from the airport ($39/day)... has anyone walked from port to there?

It's not walkable.

Take a taxi...shouldn't be too much...or get the rental place to pick you up in their shuttle.

We are planning on renting from the airport ($39/day)... has anyone walked from port to there?

Doesnt look far on the map (1-2 miles)... Anybody know how long it takes or it a quick taxi is cheap?

Avis is right there. It's $42.00 AND includes (the extra $10 for env. + lic that is otherwise added to rental) and you won't have the long walk/taxi.

We're going in Feb. let me know how it works out...enjoy:)

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone received a reservation confirmation from Cayman Auto Rentals recently? I have emailed twice ove the past two weeks, with no reply. I have also called both the phone numbers on their website and a recording says the numbers are not working numbers. I'd like to use them, but if they are out of business, I won't keep spending my time trying to contact them.

Archived