Seabourn "Quest"

cruiseyguy

I am puzzled too, such a poor choice... Why did Seabourn need to steal Azamara's ship name? They even had a contest for naming their new ship. Check out the blog with details:

http://blog.seabourn.com/seabourn-quest/you-guessed-it-seabourns-new-yacht-is-seabourn-quest

Quote from the blog:

"Many respondents put in a lot of thought and imagination to their guesses....... And there were plenty of guesses of names that are already being used by other cruise ships."

Oh, really?:confused::D

"Many respondents put in a lot of thought and imagination to their guesses....... And there were plenty of guesses of names that are already being used by other cruise ships."
Yes it's rather puzzling that Seabourn had a contest & rejected several names because they were already in use by other ships. Where were the vetters? Ya think they knew about Azamara Quest? Otherwise why intentionally risk any market confusion? :confused::confused:

Hi Everyone !

Unfortunately, most every line has been guilty of using other line's names... (and numerous automobile names too !). I agree that Seabourn's choice is uninspired, but it does not surprise me. One has to wonder where all of the creativity has gone. It's Sad.

I am puzzled too, such a poor choice... Why did Seabourn need to steal Azamara's ship name? They even had a contest for naming their new ship. Check out the blog with details:

http://blog.seabourn.com/seabourn-quest/you-guessed-it-seabourns-new-yacht-is-seabourn-quest

Quote from the blog:

Oh, really?:confused::D

I wasn't even a naming contest. They state it was "Guess the new name".

As somebody on the Seabourn board rightly stated the important part of the name is Seabourn. That holds true for any line. It's the cruise line that will determine the quality of your experience regardless of the name. Though I do agree a bit more originality might be nice.

Archived