Review - Oscar Brown Tour - Jan 4, 05

kokonut

The tour was out of this world. We visited the Del Monte banana plantation, saw the processing plant and alot of the operations. Oscar spent alot of time explaining the growing and harvesting operations to us.

We then took the Canal tour which was about 1.5 hours of riding down the canal

in small boats. We saw birds, sloths, iguanas, and a howler monkey.

Afterwards, the Bamboo trade school was closed for the holidays, so we went on to a surprise stop he mentioned. It was a small wild life rescue operation with a beautiful garden. We played with a baby monkey, several parrotts, toucans and macaws, and got to observe alot of wild life up close as well as seeing some very rare orchids and plants.

Then we did a tour of a town area before going to the hotel on the hill for

lunch. Oscar helped everyone with the interpretation of the menu and the

currency exchange.

Along the way he stopped many times to let us take photos and to point out

various plants, trees and sights to us.

Oscar has two well maintained and clean vans that he and his brother drive for the tours. The entire tour lasted about 5 hours.

If anyone is interested, his contact info is: cbrown@costarricense.cr

This is his sister's email account and sometimes it takes a couple of days for a reply - but every inquiry was answered.

The only glitch we had - and everyone may not experience it - but we were on "ship time" which was an hour earlier than Costa Rica time, so, through no fault of Oscar's, we waited for an hour in the drizzling rain for him to show up. It simply never dawned on any of us until we had been in the rain for almost 40 minutes that there was a time difference. He was prompt on his arrival time according to local time.

Oscar's tour was the best tour for the money that we've ever taken.

Thanks for the info. So, am I correct that Oscar's 8 AM pick-up time is actually 9 AM ship time? We will be on Brilliance out of Miami, so the ship will be on eastern time, and I know that Costa Rica is on central time. Hope the 9 AM is correct!

We are touring with Oscar in Feb. He did not really say what time to meet him on the peir. Is the 9 am time (ship's time) the usual time he meets his tours? It will be 8 am in Limon. I e mailed him but have not heard back yet. (3 days ago).

Grace

To make it more confusing, after the first weekend in April, the ship (Brilliance) will be on eastern daylight time. Costa Rica does not observe daylight savings time. So the ship will be 2 hours ahead of CR time, unless the captain decides to reset the ship to CR time. We are on the April 8 sailing.

To make it more confusing, after the first weekend in April, the ship (Brilliance) will be on eastern daylight time. Costa Rica does not observe daylight savings time. So the ship will be 2 hours ahead of CR time, unless the captain decides to reset the ship to CR time. We are on the April 8 sailing.

This happen to us on our cruise last April. The ship sailed on the SUdnay we spring ahead so it was a little confusing.

This year we sail before the time change so I'm glad of that!

Hello Oscar: I am assuming that the time we will meet you on the pier is 9:00 ship's time. Is this correct? We are on the Summit and will be in Limon on Feb.11. Our group is till 12.

Grace (gracecarmo@sunflower.com)

Hello Oscar: I am assuming that the time we will meet you on the pier is 9:00 ship's time. Is this correct? We are on the Summit and will be in Limon on Feb.11. Our group is still 12.

Grace (gracecarmo@sunflower.com)

Archived