Negative Reviews make me question whether on Same Cruise?

Dunelm

Thanks for all the comments. I guess my initial post was an attempt to try to get us all to have realistic expectations; an attempt to encourage cruisers to look for the good; and to encourage everyone to treat crew and each other with kindness.

Cruise prices have not really risen all that much over the last few years, and I know that there have been some cutbacks; however, I can see evidence of cutbacks everywhere. Our waiter was quick to tell us that if any meal (meat included) was not to our liking, he would bing something else. Now, that is service!

In sum, it's a new year, I am thankful for this site, and am very thankful for all the people who demonstrate a positive attitude, and am very thankful that I can take cruises!

O.K., I just have to comment on this one. I have not read these negative reviews. (Actually, I have read alot of positive comments about the Grand and esp. the holiday sailing, which we were on). I did make one comment about an issue that was really important to me, mainly in the hope that a rep. from Princess might read it, or it might be helpful to someone else. And, well, maybe to get a little sympathy and understanding. I have decided never to post anything negative on here again (after this one) as I don't want to be flamed for being negative and/or pretty much accused of lying or exageration. What are these forums for, if we can't be honest and respectful with one another? If every cruise is always perfect and there are no issues that anyone but the dull and ignorant should dare to bring up, then what is the point?

Julie

Thanks for all the comments. I guess my initial post was an attempt to try to get us all to have realistic expectations; an attempt to encourage cruisers to look for the good; and to encourage everyone to treat crew and each other with kindness.

Cruise prices have not really risen all that much over the last few years, and I know that there have been some cutbacks; however, I can see evidence of cutbacks everywhere. Our waiter was quick to tell us that if any meal (meat included) was not to our liking, he would bing something else. Now, that is service!

In sum, it's a new year, I am thankful for this site, and am very thankful for all the people who demonstrate a positive attitude, and am very thankful that I can take cruises!

And thank you for starting this post. I have never had a bad cruise. I have had some so so things happen but it will not ruin our time while aboard.

Julie, don't give up. If you have a legitimate complaint, it should be noted. :) I have never done a review when I came back from any of our cruises, but when we return from the Ruby in April, I think I will.

Julie, please try not to take offense at my comments. To be an effective critic is to look at weaknesses as well as strengths of what is being examined. So, I would say that we should all call things as we see them, be honest, but to never forget that there will always be some strengths as well as weaknesses.

Only been on 3 cruises (started late) and they've all been Princess, but I have to admit - I really like reading all the negative reviews !! :)

Makes me appreciate all the good things that I've had happen to me when I think back about how awful it was supposed to be. :D

But then, I'm Canadian, and like the Brits, Aussies, Kiwis - we're pretty laid back.

Julie, please try not to take offense at my comments. To be an effective critic is to look at weaknesses as well as strengths of what is being examined. So, I would say that we should all call things as we see them, be honest, but to never forget that there will always be some strengths as well as weaknesses.

I can't understand why some take negative comments and member reviews so personally. You can be on the same exact cruise as someone else and order entirely different food, do totally different activities, and have different wait staff, stewards, and others serve you. You can even go on different excursions. It may as well be a different cruise. If all everyone did was say what a great cruise it was and how perfect everythig was, I wouldn't bother reading reviews. The only worthles reviews are the ones that just say great food/lousy food, great entertainment/bad entertainment. Tell us what in particular you liked and what you didn't like.

Archived