SeaTac Question????

clc41297

The lowest fare I can find from my home is on America West. Because of mine and my wife's work, we cannot leave the day before our cruise. The plane arrives in Seattle at 1:25PM for a 4:00PM cruise on Princess. Providing there are no glitches, do you think that is enough time to do what we have to do and make to the dock for that time?

Also, the return flight is 11:50AM. Do you think that is enough time to disembark and make it to the airport?

Or should I just pay more (100-150$) and get an earlier flight on another airline?

These flights would arrive around 11:00AM.

This our first Alaska cruise and flight to and from SeaTac.

Thanks for any input.

No I would not consider that late flight, you will need to be on board at least 30 mins. ahead of sailing, add at least a 20 min. cab ride, claiming bags etc. All it will take is one delay. This is too tight of a connection. Your departure time should be fine however, again take a cab.

I had a good flight getting in at 12:00 and passed it up because I don't want to cut it that close. I definetly think 1:30 is too late. There are really good chances of delays especially if you don't have a straight flight. Does Southwest fly near you? I would try alternative airports and I think good flight prices are still for flying before June 6th. In a couple of weeks, it should be further out. WHen you you going??

We are going 9/17. I am from Pittsburgh and Southwest is starting to have flights from here in May. I called last night but they have no idea as to what destinations/times will available at first. I read they will only have 15 flights a day from PGH at first. I'm sure Seattle probably wont be one. Although, ATA just cancelled all their flights from PGH to Seattle. I'm thinking this may be because Southwest will be flying there from here.

This is the big news around here considering the fall out from USAIR.

My concern is if I wait until May all the decent flights will be gone by then on the other airlines.

I may just book this weekend on either Continental arriving 11:10AM, United arriving 10:50AM or American arriving 11:00AM even though they are about 100-150$ more. The piece of mind is worth it to me.:)

I understand the piece of mind. My thinking though is Southwest flights are only $99 each way (from east to west coast) and in September, kids are back in school and I doubt all flights would be booked up in May for September. I just am a gambling person and have never paid more than 200 anywhere in the US and 400 for Hawaii roundtrip! But you are right and you just never know. I love Southwest-not a cushy luxury flight, but cheap, gets me there and I have never had a delay(knocking on wood). I also would travel an hour or two to get a good flight-with 11 people flying, the more on each flight saved more than makes up for the drive IMHO.

They are only booking up until June 6th currently, but I think in a week or so they will be extending it. I need to book my June 3-11 trip!!!:rolleyes: They usually book about 5 months out, but seem to have the cheapest around here at $99 each way(sometimes cheaper like my trip to Vegas at $78 each way in Sept).I'm sure they will go to Seattle from Pittsburgh when they start up there. I know they do from Cols,Clev, Phili, and Indy around here. They keep costs down & save money by not serving full meals on the planes-only snacks. If they are coming there in May, I would hold out for them unless you found a flight for 250 or below already. Columbus isn't that far either if you were willing to drive a couple hours:)

Your arrival time into Seattle is way too close. Baggage claim at SEA-TAC is slow. We live in Washington and luggage wait runs about 20 minutes most of the time. I would suggest getting an earlier flight if possible. How about a red-eye flight. Usually they run a little cheaper and that would ensure you not missing your cruise. You might have to incur the cost of a hotel, but it would definitely alleviate any worry about missing the boat.

I would second the suggestion for trying SW....they have a flight from Columbus to Seattle that arrives around 9:30AM and another that arrives at 11:45 or so...not sure about options from Cleveland, but you could check. I am willing to bet you will be able to fly from Pitt once they post flights (connect through Chicago)....also if they start running that route at $99/139 the other airlines will match them in a heartbeat so you could fly on another carrier if the times were better and still get the cheapo fare.

. I don't think you need to be worried about booking this far out, just be sure to check in at SW every day or 2 to see when they open their booking window. Nice thing about them if you book out of Cleveland or Colombus and they open up a route from Pitt later they will let you cancel and rebook without penalty.....

Archived