Question about pillows

mondas42

You would need to specify which ship you might be sailing on for people to give a more definative answer, however I would advise that you either take your own pillow, or get a pillow sleeve that would protect your wife from whatever might be inside.

A lot of people are allergic to feathers so it wouldn't make sense that they are the norm. Some lines have a "pillow' menu where you can choose a feather pillow, but the normal pillows are synthetic. You don't have to "bring one from home". What a joke.

A lot of people are allergic to feathers so it wouldn't make sense that they are the norm. Some lines have a "pillow' menu where you can choose a feather pillow, but the normal pillows are synthetic. You don't have to "bring one from home". What a joke.

No joke for me. I LOVE my king-size pillow so much that I always take it with me. I use one of those "space bags" - it can be sucked down to about an inch thick and fits on top of my suitcase. The ship's vacuum which is always in the hallway the day of disembarkation will suck it down again for flying home. We do mostly 14 or longer cruises and I sleep much better with my own pillow.

I'm asthmatic to down pillows as well. It can really ruin a day on vacation when I forget to ask someone:) I just call the "special needs" people and make sure that it's noted in my request- I also make them set up an ionizer for the smoking/ non-smoking room. (When I cruise Carnival). It's easy enough.

No joke for me. I LOVE my king-size pillow so much that I always take it with me. I use one of those "space bags" - it can be sucked down to about an inch thick and fits on top of my suitcase. The ship's vacuum which is always in the hallway the day of disembarkation will suck it down again for flying home. We do mostly 14 or longer cruises and I sleep much better with my own pillow.

Not a bad idea :rolleyes:

I'm thinking of bringing my own pillow with me this time.....we are doing a B2B and I need my own pillow!!!!!!!!!!!!:o

I take two king size pillow cases with me. I ask for feather pillows, as they work best and we have no allergies, and put two in each case. Works very well for us.

You can also do the same with the synthetic pillows.

That's a very good idea !! I may have to try that.

Archived