Can you change your Key to work another room?

Brandonlees

Me and My wife are booked on the dream end of this month.

We have some friends going with us that are under the 25 year old age requirement. So we had to book the cruise with me in 1 room with the underaged and my wife in the other room. The travel agent said we had to do it that way in order for them to be alowed on board. Then once your on board you can just go where ever you want. :cool:

Well anyways I was wondering is there anyway once your on the ship to change room key or sail and sign card that way my wife will have a key to work our room and the underaged to have 2 keys that work there own cabin?:)

Anyone had to do this before?;):cool:

Me and My wife are booked on the dream end of this month.

We have some friends going with us that are under the 25 year old age requirement. So we had to book the cruise with me in 1 room with the underaged and my wife in the other room. The travel agent said we had to do it that way in order for them to be alowed on board. Then once your on board you can just go where ever you want. :cool:

Well anyways I was wondering is there anyway once your on the ship to change room key or sail and sign card that way my wife will have a key to work our room and the underaged to have 2 keys that work there own cabin?:)

Anyone had to do this before?;):cool:

Unless you paid more to book your wife into the second cabin as a SINGLE, you'll have more than one key for that room, and you'll have more than one key for yours.

Simply swap keys when you get on board.

Just remember...you and your wife will still be responsible for the behavior of whoever is in both cabins!

Good Luck!

You can get extra keys from the purser's desk, or many just have the cabins changed so you have everyone sleeping where you want once onboard.

Cant switch sign and sail cards as suggested above, since they are attached to your credit card and someone else's spending would be on your card. Sure they will give you extra cards that are only key cards

Thank you for a fast response... I was wondering if my wife swaps keys dont they have your personal names on them? My wife wouldnt be able to buy anything with the other persons card would she? Or does that matter? Should I put my Credit card info on the underage person booked in the room with me and then just have my wife use that card with the underaged persons name on it?:confused::D:cool:

Thank you firefly i didnt know they could do that. I was wondering if they would be able to change your card to work another room that way you could just have the one card then?

That Sounds easier then trying to manipulate the cards with where they are going to be charged. haha :D

Thank you for a fast response... I was wondering if my wife swaps keys dont they have your personal names on them? My wife wouldnt be able to buy anything with the other persons card would she? Or does that matter? Should I put my Credit card info on the underage person booked in the room with me and then just have my wife use that card with the underaged persons name on it?:confused::D:cool:

People really need to carry the correct card -- particularly when your getting on and off the ship in a port. To answer your question more directly though, once you're all onboard, just head down to the Purser's desk and let them sort out the keys/rooms/accounts -- it's a situation that happens with multiple groups every cruise, so they're used to it. But I'm sure they'll tell you everyone needs to carry their personal card to avoid confusion in all sorts of situations.

I don't believe they can turn one card into a key for multiple rooms though, but they can and will give you room keys to other rooms on your account.

Archived