The NEW I Work in Port Canaveral Thread!

psblin99

THANKS Shirley and Preston (and all others) who help us on this thread and on CC!!! :D It's much appreciated more than you know!! :p My cruise is not until August and I'm not sure where to stay and who to use as a shuttle service but I still have time to work on that. Do you feel it's better to make a ressie now (hotel, shuttle) or wait closer to cruise time. I'm thinking of booking thru Priceline or Hotwire. I have not done "name your own price" with Priceline yet. A little nervous about that. :o Anyway, thanks for all you do and I will look for the update from post # 862.

We are looking at hitting Grills for breakfest (as suggested) to view the ships comming in on Sunday before our cruise on Monday. Does anyone know what hours they are open? Plan on heading up to the space center afterworeds.

Thanks for all of the wonderful responses on this thread I wish there was one for each port. It is great knowing what the local would do.

We are looking at hitting Grills for breakfest (as suggested) to view the ships comming in on Sunday before our cruise on Monday. Does anyone know what hours they are open? Plan on heading up to the space center afterworeds.

Thanks for all of the wonderful responses on this thread I wish there was one for each port. It is great knowing what the local would do.

Here you go

http://www.grillsseafood.com/

I paid little attention to the bridge fire, but now we're going to be driving south on I-95 to the port. I don't imagine that the construction will affect us from I-95 east, but not sure. What do you think? Should we just stay on A1A or not?

Might slow you a little but not bad.

Thank you to all who keep us informed. We will be down in Sept to sail FOS for my big 62! You have made the planning easier and more fun by the info you have provided. I enjoy reading this thread because the question and the anwers are great. I learn things I did not know I wanted to learn just by continuing to return here. Keep up the great work. Again thank you from those of us who will be coming your way and benefiting from your knowledge.

Thank you to all who keep us informed. We will be down in Sept to sail FOS for my big 62! You have made the planning easier and more fun by the info you have provided. I enjoy reading this thread because the question and the anwers are great. I learn things I did not know I wanted to learn just by continuing to return here. Keep up the great work. Again thank you from those of us who will be coming your way and benefiting from your knowledge.

Glad we can help!

Not sure if this is where I should post this, but figure there is alot of locals on here that probably know the answer or can shed some light on my decision. My husband and I are arriving on Feb 21 on the Enchanment of the Seas. This is our first port stop. I was interest in seeing the Space Center. I realize that the Shuttle is expected to launch a few days later. What do you think are the possibilities of seeing the Shuttle on the launch or do you think with all the security and hype about it being the last one that they wouldn't take the tours anywhere near that area? Am I wasting my money and should I just plan another tour? Thanks for any help you locals can give.

I am wondering how construction on the bridge is going, when will it open back up?

Norm and I rode by there yesterday - it has been said that the construction is on and is suppose to be completed by the 16th and it appears as though it will be - the workers have been on it 24/7 since the back log of cars is horrific for those that are going to work at the Cape or Orlando - I, too, will be glad when it is finally finish

Not sure if this is where I should post this, but figure there is alot of locals on here that probably know the answer or can shed some light on my decision. My husband and I are arriving on Feb 21 on the Enchanment of the Seas. This is our first port stop. I was interest in seeing the Space Center. I realize that the Shuttle is expected to launch a few days later. What do you think are the possibilities of seeing the Shuttle on the launch or do you think with all the security and hype about it being the last one that they wouldn't take the tours anywhere near that area? Am I wasting my money and should I just plan another tour? Thanks for any help you locals can give.

With all the hussle and bussle going on especially with security, no you will not be able to see the shuttle on the launch site - sorreeeeeeeee - times have changed unfortunately

WHOOPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! Went by to check on how the work was going on with the new bridge and there were trucks ON THE BRIDGE so looks like the bridge will be ready to be open on the 16th as predicted so those that will be coming here next week will be back normal as far as traveling the straight shot from the airport here and visa versa.

Will keep you posted

HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSS TO EVERYONE FOR A VERY HAPPY VALENTINES DAY TOMORROW:)

Thanks all for the info on the shuttle siteings. Guess we will pass and do something else. Maybe a trip to Epcot. We've been to Disneyland many times since we lived in CA. So, Disneyworld is a pass too. Is there anything to do near the port? We are there most of the day. Again, thanks for the info.

OK. The info on this site is very overwhelming, too much to read at once. Just need to know what is the best way to get from a WDW resort to Port Canaveral and where in Port Canaveral do I go for a RCCL cruise? :confused:

Then going to need to get back from PC to MCO. What is best for that. Will only be me and my 13 year old. I don't really want to rent a car, but if that is the best way, where would I drop it off at? :confused: And would I even be able to get one at our Disney resort?

TIA

Edited by GalCruzer

OK. The info on this site is very overwhelming, too much to read at once. Just need to know what is the best way to get from a WDW resort to Port Canaveral and where in Port Canaveral do I go for a RCCL cruise? :confused:

Then going to need to get back from PC to MCO. What is best for that. Will only be me and my 13 year old. I don't really want to rent a car, but if that is the best way, where would I drop it off at? :confused: And would I even be able to get one at our Disney resort?

TIA

Hello galcruzer - rent a car for it really is a straight shot - the car rentals we have here are Hertz, Budget, Avis, Enterprise, thrifty and dollar - when you get on hwy 528, you will be guided by signs as to where to go for your cruise.

good luck and enjoy!!!!!!!!!

Thanks all for the info on the shuttle siteings. Guess we will pass and do something else. Maybe a trip to Epcot. We've been to Disneyland many times since we lived in CA. So, Disneyworld is a pass too. Is there anything to do near the port? We are there most of the day. Again, thanks for the info.

First I want to sincerely thank you for your footnote about veterans - the statement is so deeply true and made me stop, think and thank all of them again.

Anyhow just click above my name and you can scroll through different places you can go and see - good luck and I am sure you will have a lot of input as what could interesting for you. Good luck and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by snelsonbrown

Read the old thread often, then took a few cruises out of Tampa and Ft. Lauderdale, but happily going out of Port Canaveral in May. (an easy 7 hour drive).

Thanks so much for the new thread. I’ve read many pages but will go back to get more info, espeically for resturants.

So much extremely helpful and friendly (and non judgmental) information. A real treat.

marci

Edited by cruisegirl1

Read the old thread often, then took a few cruises out of Tampa and Ft. Lauderdale, but happily going out of Port Canaveral in May. (an easy 7 hour drive).

Thanks so much for the new thread. I’ve read many pages but will go back to get more info, espeically for resturants.

So much extremely helpful and friendly (and non judgmental) information. A real treat.

marci

We aim to please!

Hello everyone

I'm sure it's in here somewhere but there's a lot of pages to go thru I was just wondering about transportation. We are doing the Disney Dream in Oct and I know Disney has the buses but are there any reasonable transportation companies out the to go from port Canaveral to Disney after the cruise???

Thank you ahead of time for any responses:)

Our flights get in after 11:30pm. Being our first time I am unsure whether or not to stay near the airport or renting a car and stay near the port.

We are sailing on the CC Dream which leaves at 4pm

Anyone have any experience or answers or suggestions on which way is better??

Please help

Edited by Will Cruze

Shirley, thanks for the info. Will check out that site. I'm sure we will find alot to keep us busy.

As to my footnote on veterans - my son enlisted in the Navy submarine program 6 years ago. I ran across that quote and have never forgot it. I felt this was the place to put it so that every time I'm here planning a cruise it reminds me why I have that freedom and the people that lost their lives for us to have it.

Debbie

Our flights get in after 11:30pm. Being our first time I am unsure whether or not to stay near the airport or renting a car and stay near the port.

We are sailing on the CC Dream which leaves at 4pm

Anyone have any experience or answers or suggestions on which way is better??

Please help

I am a morning person and by 11:30 I would stay near the airport and come over in the morning. There is a Hyatt in the airport or all the chains right outside. It is 45 minutes to get here.