The NEW I Work in Port Canaveral Thread!

psblin99

Anyone know how long the Love Bugs will be around? We are cruising the Dream on 6/4. Will they be gone by then? :confused:

They are thinning out by the trillions every day so they should be only to be back in September :(

Shirley, haven't been around much, but just want you to know that good thoughts and prayers are there for you and your hubby. hope he is coming along splendidly.

Question, do you know when the church fair will be in the fall, or am i a little early. i love having all my ducklings in a row.

Shirley, haven't been around much, but just want you to know that good thoughts and prayers are there for you and your hubby. hope he is coming along splendidly.

Question, do you know when the church fair will be in the fall, or am i a little early. i love having all my ducklings in a row.

hey there beej,

Usually it is in the middle of October when it is a little cooler and folks are ready for some super nice enjoyment.

Anyhow here is the website that you can keep an eye on as time goes by.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.oursavioursparish.org/

We will be cruising on Freedom on Sunday October but will arrive in Port Canaveral the day before, staying at Country Inn and Suites for the night. I'm keen to watch the cruise ships to out on the Saturday afternoon. I know there are restaurants where you can sit and watch them go out but are there any places where we could park out car and watch? Or somewhere we could grab take out and take it to sit and eat while watching the ships go out?

We will be cruising on Freedom on Sunday October but will arrive in Port Canaveral the day before, staying at Country Inn and Suites for the night. I'm keen to watch the cruise ships to out on the Saturday afternoon. I know there are restaurants where you can sit and watch them go out but are there any places where we could park out car and watch? Or somewhere we could grab take out and take it to sit and eat while watching the ships go out?

Jetty Park is a great place to watch the ships sail and is close to the hotel.

As usual these boards were so helpful for our port Canaveral stay just prior to the Freedom cruise.

Had a good stay at the Radisson, ( we usually stay a little south and closer to the beach), knew about the bugs, - and knew to have the car washed when arriving in Port Canaveral, knew where to find the car wash, and had a good recommendation for dinner at Rusty’s . (Had a bonus to see the speedboats parked there too?

Thanks

M

As usual these boards were so helpful for our port Canaveral stay just prior to the Freedom cruise.

Had a good stay at the Radisson, ( we usually stay a little south and closer to the beach), knew about the bugs, - and knew to have the car washed when arriving in Port Canaveral, knew where to find the car wash, and had a good recommendation for dinner at Rusty’s . (Had a bonus to see the speedboats parked there too?

Thanks

M

You are most welcomed and now don't forget to come back and see us :)

We are coming in Friday to cruise on the Freedom Sunday. Will it possible to eat at the restaurants Sat. night near the pier with all the Car Show people/traffic, or should we stay away? We are staying at the Doubletree. Thank you!!

http://www.hotrod.com/powertour/2011/hrdp_2011_hot_rod_power_tour_locations_dates_registration/index.html

We are coming in Friday to cruise on the Freedom Sunday. Will it possible to eat at the restaurants Sat. night near the pier with all the Car Show people/traffic, or should we stay away? We are staying at the Doubletree. Thank you!!

http://www.hotrod.com/powertour/2011/hrdp_2011_hot_rod_power_tour_locations_dates_registration/index.html

It will be busy but plenty of room.

Hey Shirley and Preston.......just returned this past Thursday from our wonderful Disney Dream cruise.....it was fantastic!!!!

Boy did we luck out with the lovebugs!!!! Since we didn't arrive until 9:00pm that Saturday we only started getting some about 20 miles out. (my hubby took the car & got it washed as soon as we arrived). When we left we didn't run into any!!! Now how lucky is that????

We look forward to being back in your area in October!!! Thanks a million for all the help!!!!

Per cab!

Preston, we are staying at the radisson but I am now a bit concerned as I have heard that the shuttle they provide can be a bit of a cluster.... can you say that it is better to get a cab versus doing the package that includes a shuttle?

Hey Shirley and Preston.......just returned this past Thursday from our wonderful Disney Dream cruise.....it was fantastic!!!!

Boy did we luck out with the lovebugs!!!! Since we didn't arrive until 9:00pm that Saturday we only started getting some about 20 miles out. (my hubby took the car & got it washed as soon as we arrived). When we left we didn't run into any!!! Now how lucky is that????

We look forward to being back in your area in October!!! Thanks a million for all the help!!!!

Hello GTO - so glad you had the chance to cruise from here - we will keep the lights on for your next time around:)

GOOD LUCK FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR