Which dock does the Jade use in Barcelona?

The Grand Marina, built out on the World Trade Center pier, is a very good hotel - a bit on the sterile, modern style, but pleasant enough. The pier can only accommodate the smaller vessels, so I believe the Jade will be at the Mol Adrossat dock.

That is a short distance from the hotel, but a taxi would be best, it's a bit far to walk with luggage and you do have to cross over a long bridge.

I do not know what the dock is called, but Jade was moored very close to the high bridge last Feb. When we were on Ventura this Oct, we moored for the day in the same spot, and noticed that the dock is painted with Jade's name, and her measurements, in that spot, presumably because it is now her permanent home port, so she will use it each time she comes back, and Ventura was just using it for the day. We were so interested because of sailing on Jade from there earlier in the year.- jocap.

The Grand Marina, built out on the World Trade Center pier, is a very good hotel - a bit on the sterile, modern style, but pleasant enough. The pier can only accommodate the smaller vessels, so I believe the Jade will be at the Mol Adrossat dock.

That is a short distance from the hotel, but a taxi would be best, it's a bit far to walk with luggage and you do have to cross over a long bridge.

Perfect! Thanks for your help - have you stayed at the hotel and do you know/remember if they have safes in the rooms? We will be there a day early and I'm not sure if valuables are safer with me or in the hotel room safe. I've watched the maintenance guy on the ship get into my suite safe in about 5 seconds and that's a little scary!

I do not know what the dock is called, but Jade was moored very close to the high bridge last Feb. When we were on Ventura this Oct, we moored for the day in the same spot, and noticed that the dock is painted with Jade's name, and her measurements, in that spot, presumably because it is now her permanent home port, so she will use it each time she comes back, and Ventura was just using it for the day. We were so interested because of sailing on Jade from there earlier in the year.- jocap.

Great information - thanks for your help. Is it walking distance to La Rambla or should we take a taxi? It looks close, but not sure if it is a safe walk.....

Perfect! Thanks for your help - have you stayed at the hotel and do you know/remember if they have safes in the rooms? We will be there a day early and I'm not sure if valuables are safer with me or in the hotel room safe. I've watched the maintenance guy on the ship get into my suite safe in about 5 seconds and that's a little scary!

Yes, there was a safe, mini-bar, etc. with amenities. However, you should be aware that these safes were made to be unlocked by hotel or other personnel very quickly. Just try to imagine how many times they are called in because some poor soul forgot his code and needed to get his passport!

It's not far to the Ramblas, but far enough for Ventura to provide a shuttle bus to the Columbus monument, at the end of the Ramblas. The port is busy, and there's lots of vehicles around, plus the very high bridge to negotiate. Altho' we're very happy strolling along the sea side in Bcn, we'd take a taxi for this bit.- jocap.

• 1 month later...

Archived