Have we waited to late to book?

lorri

We are first time cruisers. We want to take an Alasken cruise this summer probably in June. It is now the first of the year. To all you experienced in this, is it really to late to book a good cruise, with a good room view, and be able to book good land excursions? How early is to eary to book a cruise and how late is to late to book? I am beginning to wonder is we should wait until next year and do our plannig now.

Thanks for all your input.

Lorri

We are first time cruisers. We want to take an Alasken cruise this summer probably in June. It is now the first of the year. To all you experienced in this, is it really to late to book a good cruise, with a good room view, and be able to book good land excursions? How early is to eary to book a cruise and how late is to late to book? I am beginning to wonder is we should wait until next year and do our plannig now.

Thanks for all your input.

Lorri

Hi Lorri!

I was just at our cruise agent this morning booking a cruise (not Alaska) and they were having a Celebrity cruise open house today featuring an Alaska cruisetour. The earlier you book the more selection you will have. Start now with brochures and a really experienced TA who knows Alaska and the ships well. When you go will play into not only cost but also what excursions might be available. Look at the threads on this board. There is a lot of good information.

Decide on your areas of interest, book it, and then go have a ball! Alaska is magnificent and one of those places that you want to go back to the moment you leave it!

Have a great cruise!

No it's not too late. BUT if you are picky about a cabin etc- then get going now and make your selection. Look at ports, time in ports, glacier, route, price. Be sure to strongly consider getting out on deck for viewing- superior for the vastness, especially glacier viewing day. :)

I would try to book as soon as possible. A newsletter from an online T/A I received today said that "Last year at this time, people were booking cruises an average of 72 days before departure; this year, they're booking an average of 94 days before departure" and that "the pace of sales of Alaska cruisetours this year exceeds the best year in history, which is a strong indication that they will sell out earlier than usual"

This may be hype, but I booked last week and was fortunate to get the last CC clas cabin on Mercury for 8/26; and that cabin prices have jumped up in the last week or so.

Archived