current drink prices

aussiescouser

sorry im sailing on the jewel but any p&o ship! i would think the prices should be the same across the board on p&o, but i could be wrong:confused:

thanks guys

we just returned last saturday 9th Jan off the Jewel, can tell you a glass of white wine cost me $9.00 but a bottle was better value at $24.00 and if we didn't finish it on pool deck we would take it back to our cabin for later, this didn't happen too often :p I think a cocktail 'Illusion' and a Jim Beam and coke cost us $12.00, sorry can't be more accurate, to be honest we just ordered drinks and enjoyed drinking them :) hubby just said a beer in a glass was $4.95 or a can of beer was $5.95. hope this helps. Nett.

Hope you don't mind if I mention the price of a packet of winfield blue cigarettes, on board PD in Jan'09 cost me $7.00 this time just under one year later they cost me $11.00 :eek: and no I couldn't buy a duty free carton on board to smoke...but I bought them in Villa and took them back to our cabin and opened them and smoked them. Hope this helps you naughty smokers! :p

Yes, I'd like to know drink prices as weel, and can any one tell me whats the go with duty free drinks. Can i still but them here in sydney and then take them on the boat and enjoy once we are out to see ??

Yes, I'd like to know drink prices as weel, and can any one tell me whats the go with duty free drinks. Can i still but them here in sydney and then take them on the boat and enjoy once we are out to see ??

You don't mention which cruiseline you are planning to travel on.

On P & O no alcohol can be taken on board. If alcohol is discovered in your luggage it will be held in security until you are ready to leave the ship.

With Princess ships, passengers can take 1 litre of wine per person on board at each port. Spirits are not included in this.

• 3 weeks later...
we just returned last saturday 9th Jan off the Jewel, can tell you a glass of white wine cost me $9.00 but a bottle was better value at $24.00 and if we didn't finish it on pool deck we would take it back to our cabin for later, this didn't happen too often :p I think a cocktail 'Illusion' and a Jim Beam and coke cost us $12.00, sorry can't be more accurate, to be honest we just ordered drinks and enjoyed drinking them :) hubby just said a beer in a glass was $4.95 or a can of beer was $5.95. hope this helps. Nett.

Hope you don't mind if I mention the price of a packet of winfield blue cigarettes, on board PD in Jan'09 cost me $7.00 this time just under one year later they cost me $11.00 :eek: and no I couldn't buy a duty free carton on board to smoke...but I bought them in Villa and took them back to our cabin and opened them and smoked them. Hope this helps you naughty smokers! :p

what about buying a bottle of spirits on board and having it in your room for a little drink in the avo...can you do that and is it expensive?

Wow those smokes have gone up a lot!

That's more expensive than a supermarket price, and a supermarket has to pay the high government Tax! P&O get them tax free! they are now making at least $6.00 per pack profit!

Just another reason that will make me remove my auto tips for the first time as its obvious we are paying extra "now" to compensate for when they are abolished in October!

I can see the day coming where the buffet will be included but dinning rooms charged for!

Thanks for the mention as i will go and get mine from the Duty free shop today.

Wow those smokes have gone up a lot!

That's more expensive than a supermarket price, and a supermarket has to pay the high government Tax! P&O get them tax free! they are now making at least $6.00 per pack profit!

Just another reason that will make me remove my auto tips for the first time as its obvious we are paying extra "now" to compensate for when they are abolished in October!

I can see the day coming where the buffet will be included but dinning rooms charged for!

Thanks for the mention as i will go and get mine from the Duty free shop today.

Mind you! did you leave Australian waters?

There may be different prices for cruises headindg overseas?

I am sure on my last cruise that smokes were not available until after the 12 mile limit?

Archived