Air Credit & Single Supplement

Jayayeff

I have just received a quote for what will be (or may be) my first Silversea cruise. However, upon checking through the quoted figures I am surprised to see that they have calculated the single supplement on the air inclusive fare and then deducted the air credit for one person (don't need, sailing from home port) from the 150% total. Is this normal for Silversea or is this a miscaculation on the travel agent's account? Surely the air credit should be applied first then the single supplement calculated on the cruise only fare??? This 'miscalculation' makes a $500 difference to the bottom line....

Has anyone experienced a similar situation???

Tell your TA to "fix it" ASAP. You are correct in your thinking.

I asked him to and he tried (he spent over half an hour on the phone with a senior reservations representative) and even though they eventually grasped the point, they are sticking to their calculation formula. Air credit will not be deducted until after all other calculations have been made.....

Or try a different travel agent. I know there are some that kick in a portion of their commission.

Trust me it is not my travel agent - he's on my side.....When Crystal changed their pricing structure to the 2 for 1 with inclusive air, etc. he emailed me with the correctly revised fare calcuations for a cruise I have booked wih them, (with the air credit in full), before I'd even seen the new fares....

Archived