Is it Chili in Mexican Riviera In January?

Brandonlees

I was looking at a cruise on the Carnival Splendor for January 2010. The only thing that might be of concern is the colder temps. Has anyone been that time of year? If so it is really chili that time of year? Not as warm as say other places in January? :confused: :cool:

Thanks,

Brandon:)

I was looking at a cruise on the Carnival Splendor for January 2010. The only thing that might be of concern is the colder temps. Has anyone been that time of year? If so it is really chili that time of year? Not as warm as say other places in January? :confused: :cool:

Thanks,

Brandon:)

Central Mexico is usually very nice this time of year! Should be at least 70-80 through out. You don't want to be down there in summer as I have on fishing trips. 90-100 and HUMID!!! Nasty! I am going in February and so looking forward to it.

Of course when you leave Long Beach it may be chilly. But lately it's been in the 70's here since before Christmas.

Brian

It's usually cold on the first and last day of the cruise when you're sailing around the Baja. First time we went, we were really cold. It's very warm once you get down to the ports. Of course, you can never count on the weather, but that's been my experience.

I just came back on the 10th of January. It was VERY cold the first day at sea and the last day at sea. So basically scratch two days off from 'relaxing in the sunshine' its way too cold. Once we were in Cabo things warmed up considerably, and seemed to get hotter as we arrived in the next two ports.

I just came back on the 10th of January. It was VERY cold the first day at sea and the last day at sea. So basically scratch two days off from 'relaxing in the sunshine' its way too cold. Once we were in Cabo things warmed up considerably, and seemed to get hotter as we arrived in the next two ports.

We fly out tomorrow for our cruise that leaves Sat.....to read that someone from Alberta thought it was cold leaving and coming back has made me throw an extra sweater and pants into my suitcase.....I usually am in Edmonton inMarch and May for work and I FREEZE there :eek:

Thanks Roxy :)

The temperature when you leave L.A. will probably drop into the mid 50's as the sun sets. The first day and the last day at sea should vary from the 60's to 70's. A lot depends on whether there are storms, etc.

The temp in Mazatlan has been running in the mid 80's during the day, and high 50's at night.

It is normally in the 70's to 80's in Cabo and stays pretty warm as you go South.

Hummm............I was wondering the same about early November. We went in May once and had beautiful weather.

We were on the Diamond Princess a few years ago in early Nov and I just looked at the pictures on sailaway, I was in a tee shirt and skirt, next day I was swimming in the pool so it must have been very warm. I have no thyroid so am always FREEZING.........:eek:

We were on the Diamond Princess a few years ago in early Nov and I just looked at the pictures on sailaway, I was in a tee shirt and skirt, next day I was swimming in the pool so it must have been very warm. I have no thyroid so am always FREEZING.........:eek:

Thanks for the info!

I have no thyroid so am always FREEZING.........:eek:

I used to joke that girls were just cold blooded, but maybe you are on to something. :p

It was a high of -5 last Friday here so I'm looking forward to 50 like you wouldn't believe. Maybe I'll have to wear jeans with my T-shirt but I'll live with it.

I used to joke that girls were just cold blooded, but maybe you are on to something. :p

It was a high of -5 last Friday here so I'm looking forward to 50 like you wouldn't believe. Maybe I'll have to wear jeans with my T-shirt but I'll live with it.

MINUS 5 ---:eek:---- I would be on my way to Mexico -- Right Now !!!!

I'm from MN and know what cold is. It's certainly not sub-zero going around the Baja, but I think it's cold on the first and last days. That's generally speaking. 50 degrees with a stiff damp ocean breeze is not that warm. Yes, it's warmer than it is in MN, but I'll be taking a light jacket for comfort.

I've done this cruise 6 or 7 times. Can't really remember. Typically cool the first and last day although I have sailed when all 7 days are sunny. The last day is usually the coolest as when going back to LA area it can be quite windy which makes it cool. Quite often on the first day it will be cool in the morning but the sun will come poking through by mid-afternoon. On this cruise you should come with all your warm weather clothes but also bring some sweat jackets to be prepared for really cool weather on those first and last days. Keep in mind the Sapphire does have an enclosed pool area - you just need to get there fairly early if it is , indeed, a cool sea day.

The temperature when you leave L.A. will probably drop into the mid 50's as the sun sets. The first day and the last day at sea should vary from the 60's to 70's. A lot depends on whether there are storms, etc.

The temp in Mazatlan has been running in the mid 80's during the day, and high 50's at night.

It is normally in the 70's to 80's in Cabo and stays pretty warm as you go South.

This sounds great to me since we've come out of several days of below zero weather this month!! Anything above 40 will seem balmy.

I left Long Beach on 1/3 and returned 1/10 did the Mexican Riviera. I am from Las Vegas and the weather to me was perfect... Long Beach was actually pretty warm the day we left I had a jacket and took it off because I got warm... Of course when you sail and go out to the top decks it is windy so it was a bit cool but nothing a light jacket wouldnt fix :)

Once in the ports the weather was great perfect temps! If I remember correctly in ports the temps were about upper 70s low 80s but with the sun right on you it felt very warm!

We fly out tomorrow for our cruise that leaves Sat.....to read that someone from Alberta thought it was cold leaving and coming back has made me throw an extra sweater and pants into my suitcase.....I usually am in Edmonton inMarch and May for work and I FREEZE there :eek:

Thanks Roxy :)

now I am worried a little too, hopefully my week in February will be nice and warm - although even when we did this itineary in early October going down was hot, hot, hot, but coming home was cooler and pretty windy but being from Alberta we still hung out at the pool and enjoyed the sun, we were on holidays after all. Have fun!

Being from Canada, the interior of BC , anything over 65 F this time of year is going to feel very nice! We are acclimatized now for winter. When I walked out the door this morning here it felt awfully warm for Jan. It was 34F. So double that and I'll plan on lying out for a tan!

Being from Canada, the interior of BC , anything over 65 F this time of year is going to feel very nice! We are acclimatized now for winter. When I walked out the door this morning here it felt awfully warm for Jan. It was 34F. So double that and I'll plan on lying out for a tan!

I'm with you. It was 34 degrees and sunny here in MN today and it was downright beautiful. You do get used to it. OTOH, I still do find it can be chilly at warmer temps while I'm at sea. Maybe it's just me....

Archived