RCI To Host Cougar Cruise After Carnival Turns Them Down

GTO-Girl

I heard on the radio this morning and was able to find the news article that Carnival hosted it's first "cougar" cruise awhile back. Evidently it was such a disaster they have refused to host another one citing they want to maintain a family image. This tells me if Carnival isn't able to turn a blind eye to these guests then their actions must have been very offensive to the others aboard......so who knows what was going on in plain view :eek:

I am very disappointed to hear that RCI has agreed to step in and host this group in May on the Mariner of the Seas. While I don't consider myself a prude I would be very upset to have my family witness such behavior.

I thought that was interesting too...... There must have been a LOT of awful stuff that happened on the last one for Carnival to turn away business.....

Heck, Carnival has chartered to Swingers, Nudists and many others and continue to do so.

Perhaps they would have accepted the group if they chartered the entire ship.....

There are plenty of links on the internet' date=' here's one:

http://www.kxly.com/travelgetaways/22215023/detail.html[/quote']

I only read one first hand account of the voyage. The individual wrote that it was an average 3 day cruise. Only difference was that four ladies were at the bar wearing "cougar" tee shirts. The travel group which promoted the event made claims that their phones were ringing off the hook. I have not found any information indicating the cruise was sold out or near capacity. It was not an exclusive group sailing. Most of the "news" is overblown hype. My theory is that it was a flop. More passengers were repelled by the issue than enticed to take the trip.

I agree somehow people equate family means moral. I am finding more and more today that family doesn't mean anything more than traveling with kids in tow. Many parents these days behave in ways that I would never dream of in front of children. No I don't think kissing, hand holding etc are wrong in front of children but come on some people do everything except the final deed in front of anyone including their own children. Yuck!

Agreed, however you DO have the word "bear" in your username ;) :D You should check out the "bear" charters...:eek::eek:

With that said, if you want to change your Username just email Laura :cool:

###

I absolutely agree that the cougars behaviour is immoral and should be banned from all cruise ships by all companies.

And while were at it, passengers should only be allowed to cruise if they are Diamond + and married in church with a certificate from the priest that they are a genuine married couple.

No other couples or people, regardless if they are engaged, widows/ers, singles or children should be allowed to cruise.

If they were, they might engage in other immoral behaviour such as alcohol consumption, dancing, gambling, or even worse sex!:p

Now, can anyone give me the exact dates for this cruise? I will have to tell my wife that I will book a business trip to southern florida and of course can't take her or the children with me:D

Book it to LA, because that is where the cruise leaves from.;)

Apparently some people find it offensive for women to enjoy the same "benefits" men have enjoyed for years!

Yep! You're right! As long as they're not 'doing it' in public, who cares what they do?? Live and let live.

"Hear, hear, Micki! I remember being hit on by guys having a mid-life crisis when I was 19!"

Carol was that YOU???!

Mitch

Mitch, darling, it's been SO long!!! How are things?:p

All these "odd" type cruises (nude, swinger, whatever) should be charters.

Then the rest of us wouldn't have to worry that our hard earned money will be wasted on a cruise with a theme we are not comfortable with..... They could bill some cruises as Family cruisng & others "Adult Themed"...everyone can then choose what they want...

Ummmm, have I missed the thread that mentioned the nude group on a regular cruise? That would have been interesting.

I don't see the problem with the cougars, or most groups now that I think of it. It is their "hard earned money" also.

Most groups cannot draw enough people to charter an entire ship.

Most 'cougars' I have met were spending their ex's $$$$$.

Got to think a cougar's prime time is measured in months not years.

Not something most cruise lines would want to invest promotion dollars on.

Hmmmmmm there are always more cougars to take their place....:rolleyes:

And I certainly wouldn't say months. Oh lordy, no.:) If you take care of yourself and exercise (the fountain of youth), you can be hot for a long time.;) That goes for guys, too.

Agreed, however you DO have the word "bear" in your username ;) :D You should check out the "bear" charters...:eek::eek:

With that said, if you want to change your Username just email Laura :cool:

###

The name is because I collect teddybears I probably have over 1000 counting the ones that are in the shower curtain, on rugs, canisters, any kind of teddybears I have them in my house. No human bears....if you understand what I am saying. I could never change my name as i have had this ever since my very first email and that was in 96. I use it for everything.

Please let the Cougars and their Cubs have their fun. In a world plauged with so much strife already, I'd prefer to know that people are making love and/or fornicating (in an adult) public or in private, than making war.

I would just want to watch.

Purely to help me understand the thread you understand would a young man in his late thirties, well possibly very early forties ;) be "hunted down" by these women if he booked himself into a nice suite on one of these cruises.

Also, just so I can definitely avoid any confrontation would anyone have the dates for these cruises so I can make sure i don`t accidentally book myself onto one or two of them :)

Seriously though I can`t see them wandering the ship in packs dragging innocent young men to their peril. Fair play to you all.

H.

Many many years before the term "cougar" and "cub" were even thought of. (Late 70s and early 80s) The lounge at our local Holiday Inn was a notorious place for rich middle aged women on the prowl for young college aged guys.

We used to call it "The Room That Estrogen Forgot"

The joke used to go "Wow the lady you were with last night was hot....well she must have been, she kept fanning herself and yelling for someone to turn up the air conditioning" *LOL*

Seriously, I think it's pretty offensive to single out the "old" women for disdain in this and for people to get all bent out of shape over this. If it bothers you, don't go on that particular cruise. If I were a wealthy older woman, I personally wouldn't go on a Carnival cruise to find a young man, but hey, to each their own. The bottom line is that it was a cruise meant for people who want to hook up with each other, but I highly doubt people were doing anything worse than what goes on on a regular cruise. But if we weren't there, we don't know. When you're advertising a cruise that may as well be titled: "Hey young guys, come hook up with older ladies!," what do you expect? People aren't sitting around playing Go Fish.

Not sure what happens on a cougar cruise but for years I've seen older men parading around with much younger women in front of little children on cruises. I guess men just don't get the label women do. I must be missing something in the description.

No, you're not missing anything. It's a double standard, plain and simple.

Never heard the phrase Cougar as described on here til the other night when Steven Baldwin called Ivana Trump that on our Celebrity Big Brother show.

Never too old to learn :p

Celebrity Big Brother?!? I need to watch this! I'm a big big brother fan. :)

Also-- I'm Ivana's age-- does this make me have the potential to already be a Cougar?? lol

Celebrity Big Brother?!? I need to watch this! I'm a big big brother fan. :)

Also-- I'm Ivana's age-- does this make me have the potential to already be a Cougar?? lol

I'm in my 30s and was called a cougar. It was joke. I think!

I heard Ivana posed in her underwear on the show, so you may want to think twice about watching it! :eek: But hey, good for her!

I have read all the post and to some extent i agree with the people not wanting them on their cruise if they are going to display rude "adult only" activity infornt of kids but i hardly believe that that is going to happen.

But on the other hand it's rude for people to judge. There are an abundant of old men 40+ wandering around with younger woman! In fact most of these "cougers" are woman who's husbands have left them for a younger woman! So it's just woman who are doing the same as what their ex's are doing.

I honestly thought that if people can vote for America to have an African-American President then surely they can get over this whole "a man can do it but woman can't thing"

CK x

I have read all the post and to some extent i agree with the people not wanting them on their cruise if they are going to display rude "adult only" activity infornt of kids but i hardly believe that that is going to happen.

But on the other hand it's rude for people to judge. There are an abundant of old men 40+ wandering around with younger woman! In fact most of these "cougers" are woman who's husbands have left them for a younger woman! So it's just woman who are doing the same as what their ex's are doing.

I honestly thought that if people can vote for America to have an African-American President then surely they can get over this whole "a man can do it but woman can't thing"

CK x

Cougars will be just like our president

As soon as Oprah says so ...it will be OK :)

Archived