Florida residents when do you book?

Dh and I cruised a 3 night cruise for our 10th anniversary. Then for our 11th we were going to go cheap and do a hotel on the beach. Well the price the week before sale was so cheap - oceanview with port taxes and everything for $550 for both of us for the 3 night again.

We are pretty flexible with this summer cruise. Basically requirement is a cruise to caribbean - not the Bahamas LOL. I do have one cruise picked out I want. I also have the open book deposit sitting there for dh and I. However I am cheap and don't want the price it is at right now LOL.

Just want to see what others who don't have to worry about airfare and such do for booking. Far inadvance doesn't seem to work well for us in the summer - it seems last minute does better with dh's work.

What do you do?

Tammy

We watch the boards like a hawk and jump on something when we see a price/itinerary we like. There is no hard and fast rule. Some ships fill up quickly, others don't and you will therefore see prices fall to get the bookings to come in.

Watch the itinerary you like and see what happens for the same cruise leaving on different weeks. You'll soon pick up a pattern.

Remember that spring break / holidays are likely to be in higher demand.

Our first DCL and RCCL cruises, we booked two or three weeks out. Fell in love with RCCL (and aft balconies) so when we got home, we booked the next 3 RCCL cruises a month or two later. Our April 2010 cruise was booked back in May 2008!!!

Booking early doesn't necessarily guarantee you the best prices but you get your choice of cabins. Then, watch the prices at least daily and if they lower the rates, call and get the reduction! :D RCCL will honor price drops except on their special Tuesday sales and New Bookings Only sales.

If you are not that concerned over cabin selection, you can often get great deals during the last 70 days before sail dates. This is after final payment was due and people might have cancelled their reservations, so now they are trying to fill the ship. Some great deals for new bookings only can often be found on those Tuesday sales. Like last week they had 5 nights on the Navigator (our favorite ship!) in a PR cabin for only $249 pp.

I'm on Royals site a couple of times a day and get the sales event email so when I see a cruise price that I like I book it. Having been on so many cruises and living in Florida I really don't care about the itinerary or the departure port. Just a good deal.

We live by Port Canaveral. I work in a control tower and watch the ships leaving PC in the evening if I am at work. I like to book close to sailing so I don’t see those ships leaving port and get a constant reminder that I’m at work and not on that ship or a ship for another XXX number of days or months. We’re 64 days until our next cruise and as I watched Carnival and Disney sail across the horizon tonight I kept thinking how far away our cruise is. When our sailing is close, I think the exact opposite. I see a ship and think only XXX more days until we cruise again. Weird but it is the way I think about it. I’m always envious of the people on those ships!

I'm on Royals site a couple of times a day and get the sales event email so when I see a cruise price that I like I book it. Having been on so many cruises and living in Florida I really don't care about the itinerary or the departure port. Just a good deal.

Same here, as a matter of fact we are going on the Liberty in three weeks and have a tenative reservation to go again in October (still not sure) just becuase the price can't be beat. We got a couple of good last minute deals on short cruises this past fall. We don't like to book that far out during hurricane season, not worried about the ships, but about leaving our house and pets.

Archived