How far out do you consider last minute booking?

We would define a last minute booking as a booking made after the final payment date. The latest we have ever booked was about a week out. The Explorer cruise we are taking on 1/24 we booked just before final payment date since we felt we got a great deal.

My definition is a cruise booked after final payment date. Most of my cruises have been booked less than six months from sailing. I've never had a problem getting a good cabin. The itinerary is more important to me than the cabin but I have yet to settle for a cabin in a bad location or not being able to get a balcony or suite.

Take care,

Mike

I think of last minute as anything inside final payment. This is when we usually book so we’re not waiting forever on cruise date to arrive. We have the advantage of being 3 hours or less drive from all the Florida ports and only 15 minutes from port Canaveral so no flying to worry about. Our last 3 cruises have been booked with less than two weeks until sailing. We get the time off from work approved and then book. Next cruise is still 65 days away and it seems like FOREVER!

I guess when I think of last minute I think of within a month of sailing. Once we booked two days before sailing, this was an extrodinary circumstance of course, but fun and exciting:-) We ususally book out over a year.

If you are trying to snag a great off season rate, the cruise lines seem to make the deepest cuts on a sailing that is slow to fill up about two months to a month out. Closer to departure they tend to get sold out and prices rise on the remaining limited selection of cabins.

But... if you are watching for them I have some incredible deals show up and get quickly snatched up a week or two away from sailing. It just depends on what they have left that hasn't sold... if anything.

I think taking the last minute deals is great sport if you have the flexibility to do it.

Archived