Costa Europa Deck 5 Cabin Problems?

Cymro1953

Hi,

We will be sailing on the Costa Europa in April when she is transferred over to Thomson's Cruises.

We have a deck 5 outside cabin. (Don't know the cabin number). Are there any any problems with cabins here in the way of noise vibration etc. in view there is a large blank area on deck 4 on the deckplans. Is that where the eingine room is?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Berwyn

A couple years ago I had cabin 6152 on deck 6 and had absolutely no vibration noise. The "blank area" you mention was right in front of my door and I presume it's over the engine room or is where the smoke stack goes up. In any case, there were no problems. There was a small kitchen just diagonally across from me where the stewards prepared fruit bowls, or room service breakfasts.

Never noticed any viabration or engine noise on the Europa we have been in cabin 5141 deck 5 and 6145 deck 6, both mid-ships above engine room.

But this will depend on how much wear the prop shaft has taken over the past few years. Costa does tend to maintain their ships well.

Never noticed any viabration or engine noise on the Europa we have been in cabin 5141 deck 5 and 6145 deck 6, both mid-ships above engine room.

But this will depend on how much wear the prop shaft has taken over the past few years. Costa does tend to maintain their ships well.

Thanks Tenpin, I though t I might have a bit more chance over here for an answer rather than Thomson's board, apart from yourself. Thank you for the info on the ship over there too.

Berwyn

Archived