ground transportation suggestions

DimSum

Hi,

I'm going on the Disney Wonder in December 2010. I'm trying to figure which is the most economical ground transportation from the airport to the cruise terminal. Should I just take the ground transporation offered by Disney or would taking a taxi or renting a car be cheaper? I've never flown to Port Canaveral so I don't know how far the airport will be to the port. If you take Disney's ground transportation option will you end up waiting at the airport until everybody who has opted to buy the ground transportation arrives? I really don't want to wait at the airport for hours waiting for other cruise passengers. I waited 3 hours at the airport before I could board the bus when I was on a Princess cruise and that was not fun.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Sorry, my earlier reply was meant for another posting.

The biggest advantage, other than not having to return the car, is that you bags are taken care of at each end. You do give them to the driver at each end but the go directly to your cabin and go directly onto your flight with no further handling by you.

I have not gone yet, but have asked on here and other places and have checked prices. Depending on the number of people going, happy limo seems to be a good alternative.

Their driver will meet you at luggage claim and assist with baggage.

della

Hi,

I'm going on the Disney Wonder in December 2010. I'm trying to figure which is the most economical ground transportation from the airport to the cruise terminal. Should I just take the ground transporation offered by Disney or would taking a taxi or renting a car be cheaper? I've never flown to Port Canaveral so I don't know how far the airport will be to the port. If you take Disney's ground transportation option will you end up waiting at the airport until everybody who has opted to buy the ground transportation arrives? I really don't want to wait at the airport for hours waiting for other cruise passengers. I waited 3 hours at the airport before I could board the bus when I was on a Princess cruise and that was not fun.

If it's just 2 of you I would just take the DCL bus. As mentioned you don't have to deal with your luggage. They also show a DVD about the ship that is timed to end right before you get to the port.

I have taken the bus twice and have never waited more then about 15 minutes before we pulled out.

Bill

My thought, too. If its only a couple of you, take DCL bus. Not having to fuss with the bags is worth the price.

When are you, OP, going? We're going Dec 12, if college schedule permits.

If it's just 2 of you I would just take the DCL bus. As mentioned you don't have to deal with your luggage. They also show a DVD about the ship that is timed to end right before you get to the port.

I have taken the bus twice and have never waited more then about 15 minutes before we pulled out.

Bill

Thanks for the replies.

I guess travelling with 2 young childrens, the best option would be the DCL bus. Good to know that you don't have to wait at the airport for long time to get on the bus.

Thanks.

Hi,

Take the bus... It enhances the experience. You do not mess with the bags and when you get off of the plane you are met by a Disney greeter. You kids will love it. When you get the cruise terminal you are dropped off and put on the ship very quickly.

We opted to rent a car. We are flying into Orlando a day early and wanted to have transportation so we can get around that day. We got a one way rental from Orlando to the Port and it was around $40 for 24 hours. Depending on how many of you are traveling, I would look into that from a cost perspective. At $60 a person for DCL transfers, you may save some money that can then be used on your trip.

Angela

Take the DCL bus. It was a great experience. They showed cartoons and then a video about the ship and it really made the experience that much more exciting! It was quick and painless getting to the bus, both before and after the cruise was over.

Archived