Book myself or with PVP?

Riley's Mom

AM wondering what are the benefits..if any..in booking with a PVP vs doing it myself on the internet. I have always used a PVP but am more than able to book on the website.

If the cabin price goes down I will still be able to get the lower price even if I booked myself on the website right?

Thanks for your help.

Carla

Also, not all available cabins are shown on the website. A PVP might be able to put you in a cabin that isn't showing as available on the website. I was just able to get two cabins with my PVP that weren't on the list of choices on the website.

I know the exact cabin that I want to book. we have stayed in the same cabin the past three cruises .So I may just book myself on the website.

I am not booking thru ES so I should be able to call in the get the lower price..if that happens. Thanks.

Sorry for the question but i'm new here and trying to learn all I could as fast as I can but what does PVP stands for?

Also is there a place I can read that has all the acronyms?

PVP - Personal Vacation Planner (this one is assigned to you, more like a TA (travel agent)

CVP - Cruise Vacation Planner (this one is one of many that you get if you dial the 800 number to book and is different each time)

Not sure if there is one place you can read all the acronyms but keep asking.

Just saw on MSNBC a piece from an "travel expert" that the best way to book is thought a travel agent. You can find alot of agent who specialize in cruises. I just don't know for, but I did book my next cruise through one of the "warehouse clubs", one of the largest one's, that saves you the COST ;) on alot of stuff. Its up to you and whatever you feel most comfortable with. Good luck and have fun.:D Sea you out there!;)

AM wondering what are the benefits..if any..in booking with a PVP vs doing it myself on the internet. I have always used a PVP but am more than able to book on the website.

If the cabin price goes down I will still be able to get the lower price even if I booked myself on the website right?

Thanks for your help.

Carla

You will still get price adjustments, but you won't get to select your cabin from ALL available cabins/locations and you won't have the PVP to point out any Booking Promos/options that you might have missed.

Personally, I research the deckplans and cabin locations I'd prefer, and the pricing options, then call PVP and let them make any suggestions and handle the booking. You can get a confirmation almost instantly via e-mail.

ken

PVP - Personal Vacation Planner (this one is assigned to you, more like a TA (travel agent)

CVP - Cruise Vacation Planner (this one is one of many that you get if you dial the 800 number to book and is different each time)

Not sure if there is one place you can read all the acronyms but keep asking.

Thank you very much for the explanation. I previously cruised with Disney but they are just so darn expensive. I live only 45 minues from New Orleans port so I figured why not give Carnival Triumph a try.

We were originally going to take the Triumph out of New Orleans but due to finances decided we would stay closer to home and cruise out of Galveston again.

I have always wanted to go to New Orleans. Sounds like a great town.. Have fun!

Carla

Archived