Ticket to Dine

hamrag

A number of people have mentioned this new initiative which is, IMHO, an excellent deal. You purchase a "ticket" for 3, 4 or 5 meals at any of the specialty restaurants (except Teppanyaki). For 3 it is $40, for 4 it is $48, and for 5 $60.

So, if you take the 4 or 5 meal package it is $12pppm and a $pppm more for the 3 meal package. If you use Cagney's it is back to the "2 for 1" deal, but allows a single to enjoy a half price meal too which is a particularly excellent touch.

Given all of the recent comments about what NCL have "taken away", maybe this will restore the faith of some who are particularly upset at the boarding "champagne" and other little things being removed. I personally believe this to be a very generous gesture!

We will use this on an alternating basis with the MDR, and give a service tip.

Here is the link giving the detail.

http://ebm.email.ncl.com/c/tag/hBLS0...luesK/doc.html

A number of people have mentioned this new initiative which is, IMHO, an excellent deal. You purchase a "ticket" for 3, 4 or 5 meals at any of the specialty restaurants (except Teppanyaki). For 3 it is $40, for 4 it is $48, and for 5 $60.

So, if you take the 4 or 5 meal package it is $12pppm and a $pppm more for the 3 meal package. If you use Cagney's it is back to the "2 for 1" deal, but allows a single to enjoy a half price meal too which is a particularly excellent touch.

Given all of the recent comments about what NCL have "taken away", maybe this will restore the faith of some who are particularly upset at the boarding "champagne" and other little things being removed. I personally believe this to be a very generous gesture!

http://ebm.email.ncl.com/c/tag/hBLS0...luesK/doc.html

I'm a bit confused by what you're saying about Cagney's. Are you saying that the ticket does not include full price at Cagney's, but only gives half-off?

The website does not say anything about a limitation at Cagney's, it just says that Participating restaurants include the "steakhouse."

So if that's true, and you use the 3-tickets all at Cagney's... then you're getting an exceptionally good value. Or am I missing something?

Yes, your missing the fine print - Good for one visit PER specialty restaurant only. So only 1 trip to Cagney's, sorry.

It is still a great deal and one that our group of 21 will be doing March on the Pearl.

hers is the details that the Email misses in fine print

1. 3 Restaurant visits:

$25 Cagney’s

$15 Bistro or Asian

$10 Italian or Tex Mex

_____

$50 Package Value

Package Price $40pp

OR

2. 4 Restaurant visits

$25 Cagney’s

$15 Bistro or Asian

$10 Italian

$10 Tex Mex

_____

$60 Package Value

Package Price $48pp

OR

3. 5 Restaurant visits

$25 Cagney’s

$15 Bistro

$15 Asian

$10 Italian

$10 Tex Mex

$75 Package Value

Package Price $60pp

hers is the details that the Email misses in fine print

2. 4 Restaurant visits

$25 Cagney’s

$15 Bistro or Asian

$10 Italian

$10 Tex Mex

_____

$60 Package Value

Package Price $48pp

Not really a tremendous value when lined up like that. 20% off overall, but includes restaurants that you might not necessarily use otherwise.

So you can't take the 4-dinner package, for example, and do Cagney's, Bistro, AND Asian, plus Italian or Tex/Mex. Thus, a $65 value for $48?

Not really a tremendous value when lined up like that. 20% off overall, but includes restaurants that you might not necessarily use otherwise.

So you can't take the 4-dinner package, for example, and do Cagney's, Bistro, AND Asian, plus Italian or Tex/Mex. Thus, a $65 value for $48?

I cannot see anything in the small print which would prohibit that, and also the same with the 3-dinner package i.e. $55 for $40

Reading over my post again, it is not particularly clear...sorry!! The reason I mentioned Cagney's specifically is because it is the most expensive, and appears to be the most popular (apart from Teppanyaki which is always busy, therefore not included).

You must use the coupons at three different specialty restaurants if you by the three ticket package. Note teppanyaki not included.

I'm a bit confused by what you're saying about Cagney's. Are you saying that the ticket does not include full price at Cagney's, but only gives half-off?

The website does not say anything about a limitation at Cagney's, it just says that Participating restaurants include the "steakhouse."

So if that's true, and you use the 3-tickets all at Cagney's... then you're getting an exceptionally good value. Or am I missing something?

I cannot see anything in the small print which would prohibit that, and also the same with the 3-dinner package i.e. $55 for $40

Reading over my post again, it is not particularly clear...sorry!! The reason I mentioned Cagney's specifically is because it is the most expensive, and appears to be the most popular (apart from Teppanyaki which is always busy, therefore not included).

On another post yesterday someone just returned from a cruise assured us that Le Bistro is $25....if that is true, then the ticket to dine is an even better deal.

Thank you for this information. Can you make reservations for these restaurants before you board the ship?

Thank you for this information. Can you make reservations for these restaurants before you board the ship?

Yes you can, click on the link on my OP and you will see the pre-book option.

Purchase your preferred dining package directly

with your Norwegian Cruise Line Vacation Planner.

On another post yesterday someone just returned from a cruise assured us that Le Bistro is $25....if that is true, then the ticket to dine is an even better deal.

I think the price change, up to $25, is currently only on the GEM....where they have implemented a new menu for Le Bistro. I'm not sure if the menu is just a test run, or if it will be going fleet wide in the future. Time will tell. :)

I think the price change, up to $25, is currently only on the GEM....where they have implemented a new menu for Le Bistro. I'm not sure if the menu is just a test run, or if it will be going fleet wide in the future. Time will tell. :)

Thanks for that...we will be on Jade February, so will have updated prices for the speciality restaurants.

Yes you can, click on the link on my OP and you will see the pre-book option.

Purchase your preferred dining package directly

with your Norwegian Cruise Line Vacation Planner.

That link you give was already posted several days ago. Has something changed where this program is now available on all ships? As of last report it was still in the experimental stage on only one or two.

I'm also not convinced that the option to "pre book" the package is the same as making your actual dining reservations prior to boarding. I haven't seen any announcement of that capability...pre booking may just mean that you can buy the package in advance.

Yes, I see what you are getting at horseman...apologies, I was thinking about purchasing the ticket in advance and booking will be the same as it would be if you were doing the restaurant as a one-off on board.

• 1 month later...
Also just spoke with NCL. Ticket to dine was a promotion for the month of January 2010 only and is no longer available. Lets pray this thing rolls out fleetwide!

We are recently returned from the Jade, and there was nothing regarding the dine around scheme which was piloted on a couple of ships recently.

In September/October we were on the same ship and both then and now the specialty restaurants were pretty much empty, with the exception of Tappenyaki which has an amazing following....presumably that is why it was not included in the piloted dine around scheme.

NCL would probably generate significantly more income if they decide to offer the scheme fleetwide, so it would be surprising if they do not go with this sometime soon.

We are recently returned from the Jade, and there was nothing regarding the dine around scheme which was piloted on a couple of ships recently.

In September/October we were on the same ship and both then and now the specialty restaurants were pretty much empty, with the exception of Tappenyaki which has an amazing following....presumably that is why it was not included in the piloted dine around scheme.

NCL would probably generate significantly more income if they decide to offer the scheme fleetwide, so it would be surprising if they do not go with this sometime soon.

Scheme, why do you say that or should I bother to ask?

Nita

Scheme, why do you say that or should I bother to ask?

Nita

Not sure why you would ask if you should bother to ask?

Maybe this is another UK/USA differing use of language thing? In the UK we would refer to something like this as a scheme. The dictionary definition of scheme includes:

Any system of correlated things, parts, etc., or the manner of its arrangement. ;

A plan, program, or policy officially adopted and followed, as by a government or business.

Archived