Any info about company that takes orders to deliver to ship prior to sailing

welovecruzin

I seem to remember reading about a company that will take orders for things like cases of water/soda even other items to be delivered to your cabin on the ship at port in Miami. Anyone have information about this? This memory is from a cruise prior to 9/11 so maybe they don't allow it any longer.

I suspect port of Miami is the same as FLL and all the companies I knew that used to do that no longer do. They have been denied access since 9-11 and I think the cruise lines put a stop to it, as well.

It is possible Miami may still allow it but I'd be surprised.

I suspect port of Miami is the same as FLL and all the companies I knew that used to do that no longer do. They have been denied access since 9-11 and I think the cruise lines put a stop to it, as well.

It is possible Miami may still allow it but I'd be surprised.

Thanks Sail!

One company I remember went belly up and others quit allowing booze to be delivered. There are still those who deliver baskets, but they dont include booze now of course. I know of a poster in Port Canaveral who does them, so they still allow them.

Since they quit allowing booze to be delivered, the demand isnt there.

Boston allows flowers to be delivered by prestigious florist, Winston's. I was surprised to receive a bouquet friends had delivered by them when we sailed last summer on Maasdam. Didn't think they'd be permitted to deliver to the ship but the flowers were GORGEOUS :)

There was a company that delivered to the Florida ports called JBOY (Just Because of You). They went bankrupt when Royal Caribbean banned them from delivering any goods containing alcohol. This was about two years ago - there were a lot of threads here on Cruise Critic at the time. A lot of people had pending orders that were paid for, but not delivered; don't know if they ever got their money back. I think there are now few if any options for outside vendors delivering goodies to the ship; the only real option is to go the specific cruise line's website and order gift packages from the cruise line itself.

Thanks for the answers. I sort of figured that after 9/11 security concerns would change this. Also back then ships didn't offer as many buy ahead options like water and juice. I think the soda package required you to carry a special cup with you.

Archived