Splendour of the Seas room selection ?

autumncat

I don't have the deck plans in front of me, but deck 7&8 are sandwiched between passenger decks, so they may be more "quiet" than deck 3....none are unduly noisy. It's similar to a hotel... in any room, you'll hear if folks are talking loudly while they pass your door!

But, all of the cabins are separate from "public' areas. Being near an elevator is a good thing...very convenient and not noisy.

I have a choice between 3106, 7520, 7626, and 8060. I'm worried about noise especially at night. Can anyone tell me anything about these cabins?

3106 is an Oceanview near the aft elevator/stairs and has 154 s.f.

7520 is a Superior Oceanview w/ balcony and has 193 s.f plus a 38 s.f. balcony. It is near the forward elevator/stairs.

7626 is a corner aft Superior Oceanview w/ balcony, so the balcony is likely larger than 38 s.f.

8060 is a Junior Suite with 293 s.f. and a 75 s.f. balcony. It is a connecting stateroom, but that is not normally a concern with regard to noise. I've had one and it wasn't an issue at all.

Easy, I would choose either 7626 or 8060. 8060 has more square footage, a bathtub, and will give you two cruise credits. 7626 is off the very back of the ship which is a popular location. Noise-wise 7626 is bound to be the most quiet (not a lot of foot traffic back there!).

We spent a week in 7066 [port side near the midship elevators] in Nov 2007. Noise was not a problem. Think you'll be happy in any of the cabins on deck 7. We loved the ship. Enough we are RCCL diamond a little over two years later.

Don't think you said which cruise you are taking, but for Splendour's typical itineraries, the scenery is spectacular, so go for a balcony of some sort. Did not stay on 8, so can't really say, but keep in mind that 9 is not a passenger deck on Splendour. 8060 appears to be just under the Solarium, so you wouldn't expext a lot of after hours activity, but there could be come noise from cleaning/maintenance activities.

I don't have the deck plans in front of me, but deck 7&8 are sandwiched between passenger decks, so they may be more "quiet" than deck 3....none are unduly noisy. It's similar to a hotel... in any room, you'll hear if folks are talking loudly while they pass your door!

But, all of the cabins are separate from "public' areas. Being near an elevator is a good thing...very convenient and not noisy.

Wrong.........again.

On Vision class ships, Deck 9 is the pool deck, with Deck 8 being the highest passenger cabin deck.

Personally, I'm with alphabet soup there. ;)

mjldvlks & I suggest 7626.

P.S. - If you can afford the JS (8060), go for it. I doubt that you will have problems of noise from what is above, and a JS is a NICE cabin. Still, I love a corner aft balcony cabin!

Archived