quick past guest question

hlb76

We leave soon for our vacation! WOOT WOOT We are traveling with another family. They are bringing there kids for the first time on this cruise. This will be there 2nd cruise. When the invites for the past guest party come are there childern going to be allowed to come? Last time we cruised together it was there first cruise so we went to the PG party and they relaxed a bit more while getting ready for dinner. This time they are past guests! I know they have never been to one so might not care that they miss it. From what I recall they are normally held when camp is closed.

Like I said I dont think it will be a big deal and from what I hear the parrty has changed some. I just want them to be informed of there choices.

Thanks

My kids 9 and 14 normally come with but its also normally before dinner. This year we have a late seating so it might not be the case. The kids like the drinks they can get. I know some times its the small things that makes them happy. If a shirley temple makes them happy So be it.

My friends kids are 2 and 5 so they can't be off running around.

From what I remember, there will be 200 people in the hallway, outside the lounge, waiting for the staff to open the door. When they do, everyone kind of funnels into the lounge in a somewhat civilized manner, with the staff doing the best they can to take tickets/invitations. I don't know that anyone's even going to notice the kids.

Also, you can order drinks at the bar, you don't have to take the passed drinks being brought around by the servers.

I am trying to book our second cruise with Carnival. How does the past guest party work? On the Triumph or Fantasy, is there one and do you have a invite or just show up? Or is this something they are doing away with, oh are the drinks free like at the Capitan's party

I am trying to book our second cruise with Carnival. How does the past guest party work? On the Triumph or Fantasy, is there one and do you have a invite or just show up? Or is this something they are doing away with, oh are the drinks free like at the Capitan's party

If you are registered as a past guest, there will be an invitation in your cabin. I'm not sure if it's always there the first day of the cruise, however.

Does Carnival do anything else for their past guests besides the party? RCL gives little gifts and things in addition to the party. Gifts vary depending on the number of cruises you have taken on their lines.

Been on 3 RCI cruises with one just completed last month. I got squat but don't really care since they just get put into a closet and collect dust.

Also on CCL no past guest party unless your cruise is at least 5 days.

Bill

If you are a past guest, you will receive an invitation usually a day before the reception. We have early dining so our kids usually go with us to the reception and then dinner (they are teenagers).

They still have free drinks at the past guest party, but not the Captain's party. That is held in the lobby and lounges and drinks are $1 off. As for gifts, if you are a platinum guest you receive a pin for the ship and another logo item during the cruise.

If you are a past guest, you will receive an invitation usually a day before the reception. We have early dining so our kids usually go with us to the reception and then dinner (they are teenagers).

They still have free drinks at the past guest party, but not the Captain's party. That is held in the lobby and lounges and drinks are $1 off. As for gifts, if you are a platinum guest you receive a pin for the ship and another logo item during the cruise.

Thanks for the info. I did not realize they stopped the free drinks at the captain's party...bummer:(

Thanks for the info. I did not realize they stopped the free drinks at the captain's party...bummer:(

Forgot to add that currently they have added a farewell party on the last day, watch the capers for the time as it isn't announced too much. They offer free drinks at that party :)

I have never seen many kids at the Past Guest party. But, I have taken my daughter's friend who was a first timer and just sent the two of them in ahead of us and we handed the invitations to the guy at the door and kept walking.

Been on 3 RCI cruises with one just completed last month. I got squat but don't really care since they just get put into a closet and collect dust.

Also on CCL no past guest party unless your cruise is at least 5 days.

Bill

Are you saying that there is not a past guest party on the ship if the cruise you are on is less than 5 days, or you do not earn the rights to a past guest party if your previous cruise was less than 5 days.

Are you saying that there is not a past guest party on the ship if the cruise you are on is less than 5 days, or you do not earn the rights to a past guest party if your previous cruise was less than 5 days.

Only cruises of 5 days or longer currently have a past guest cocktail reception party.

From Carnival's site: http://www.carnival.com/cms/Static_Templates/carnival-past-guest-recognition.aspx

On our cruise this month, my son and I forgot our invitations, but they let us in anyway. (Just the 2 of us, no one else with us was interested in going.)

To the OP: I can't imagine that they would say a 5 yo and 2 yo couldn't come in with their parents.

Also, my 17 yo son had a fruit punch that was on the tray with the drinks. I believe they have a few non-alcoholic drinks. If not, they will get one for the kids. But it may take a little while.

This topic has been beaten to death before. :) I don't see anything wrong with taking a minor child to the PGP if the child is a first timer.

I am willing to bet you will not be stopped or confronted by the employees - heck, I've seen adult first timers traveling with a past guest beg their way into the party.

Archived