New Orleans hotel free parking for cruise

jswrpw83

Hi guys~

I did read through the other posts but was hoping to get any updates / advice. I'm driving from Kentucky and only staying one night pre-cruise. I called the Drury Inn but it's fully booked for April 3, 2010. I reserved the Holiday Inn French Quarter Park n Cruise package (I think that's the name of pkg) which has a one night rate of $129 offering free parking for length of our cruise. But, checking the Tripadvisor reviews was scary :eek:

Any other hotel suggestions? We want to be within walking distance to tourist attractions since we only have from Saturday late morning until Sunday boarding to show the family New Orleans.

We have the same hotel booked for August. I am with the above poster I take most reviews with a grain of salt. I have read equal amounts of good and bad reviews for this hotel. We are only staying one night so as long as the rooms are clean we can probably deal with it. Please come back and repost and tell me how it was.

We also have a room held at Drury Inn & Suites. It's not as close to the FQ as Holiday Inn, but it has free: hot appetizers and cocktails 5:30 - 7pm, a hot breakfast which doesn't look cooked-to-order but does seem substantial, free fountain drinks and popcorn 3-10pm, free WiFi.

Anyone stayed at the Drury Inn? I was worth calling the hotel directly and asking for the code on the NO Conv Bureau website: see previous post for link.

Thanks already for your great help! And if I don't get back to you on a review, email me with "Cruise Critic" question in subject line at Jswrpw83 at aol dot com

The Drury Inn in New Orleans is great. Free soft drinks, popcorn, happy hour, and breakfast in the a.m. Nice hotel and helpful staff. The hotel is right on the street car line and only a few blocks away from the French Quarter. I believe we paid $12 or $14 (two people) for a taxi to/from port.

Thanks londonlawson and pkw - hope I got those names close -

The Drury Inn seems to be preferred but have worried a bit about the distance trekking to/from FQ and tourist sites since we have so little time to take it all in. I'm going to take a look at a map to see what the distances are between DI and HI.

Again, thanks for taking the time to let me know of your experiences and insights ~~

I stayed at the Drury and starting in Feb they are adding food to their happy hour, egg rolls, chicken that sort of thing, if they havent already added it. Strong drinks!!! Our room had 20 ft or more ceilings, black marble. It was gorgous on the 7th floor. One of the nicest Drurys Iv heard.

I walked thru the French qtr without any problems, its about 3 short blocks or so over, a hop skip and a jump. We walked to the port, but got a taxi back. I probably wouldnt walk again, not far, but too rough to drag suitcases and it was a pain to figure out how to get to the ship behind the convention center.

We ate at Mother's good, but not that cheap for what we got, but still Im sure a lot less than the expensive restaurants. At least its close by and you get a taste of local favorites like gumbo and beans and rice.

My family stayed at the Holiday Inn this past summer and it was fine. The room was clean and I felt safe leaving my car in the parking garage. We are staying at the Drury Inn this time. I called the reservation number and was given different prices, so when I told them I had been quoted a lower price, they honored it, plus the $35 parking fee for the length of the cruise.

Archived