Pacific Princess Drydock?

loriva

The Pacific Princess is in drydock in Freeport for two weeks (13-27 January). Anyone know if this is just a general refurbishing or if Princess is planning on adding new features to the ship before it leaves on its World Cruise? Princess has had drydock diaries of some other ships but there is nothing I can find on its website about this drydock. Welcome any future comments from those on the WC on what they see new onboard!

Not sure what they could add, or where they could add it with the limited space onboard. We sailed on the Pacific this past fall and although we talked to some of the higher staff at length (Maitre d', PSD, etc), they didn't mention any sort of changes that were to take place while she was in dry dock this month. I would guess, just a general refurbishing, cleaning the hull and some maintenance that can't be done with passengers onboard.

Not sure what they could add, or where they could add it with the limited space onboard. We sailed on the Pacific this past fall and although we talked to some of the higher staff at length (Maitre d', PSD, etc), they didn't mention any sort of changes that were to take place while she was in dry dock this month. I would guess, just a general refurbishing, cleaning the hull and some maintenance that can't be done with passengers onboard.

Thats along time in dry dock age not to add anything significant.

When the Tahitian/Ocean was in drydock recently, the following was done according to Princess:

"The ship received new fuel-efficient silicone paint on its hull, and interior enhancements including new upholstery, carpet and flooring."

I would assume that similar work might be performed on the Pacific, a similar size ship.

Thats along time in dry dock age not to add anything significant.

Colo, I don't think you have ever sailed on one of these smaller ships (I remember you posting that the larger ships are the ones you sail on), they are quite compact. But honestly, there isn't much room to add anything. Upgrading/refurbishing what they have is about all that could be done. There just isn't any space to add any of the enhancements the larger ships have. ;)

Archived