Why only 8 Spa Suites on Epic?

Yes. Drop the unhappy face, and change your dates.

There are only 8, because that's the way the ship was designed.

This approach is like getting upset that cars only have 4 wheels, when you want 5. It's pointless.

They're popular, so you'll have to keep trying. You might find that some become available after final payment date, as some people who have them reserved may not complete their final payment.

I was hoping to book a Spa Suite aboard Epic this evening for this summer, but was told that they are booked up as far as he looked and that was into October.

I really want this cabin or I am not sure that I want to go on this cruise.

Any suggestions?

Wait to see if any open up?

Change your dates?

Along with the AC Penthouses, the spa suites were severely underpriced when the Epic was first made available for bookings and went very fast. At the new (much higher) prices, they won't go nearly as fast when the schedule is expanded through 1911.

Oh wait, there might be another!:rolleyes:

I bet eventually there will be another. The expensive part in designing and engineering is done, they just need to know there's enough capacity in the industry for NCL to support another magaship.

I bet eventually there will be another. The expensive part in designing and engineering is done, they just need to know there's enough capacity in the industry for NCL to support another magaship.

Haven't heard anything about anyone else buying that hull.....

Oh wait, there might be another!:rolleyes:

Almost anything is possible but this is something that is highly improbable. If there had been much chance of building a second, NCL probably wouldn't have taken such a large financial hit to cancel the one that was on order. I certainly wouldn't bet the farm on there being another.:rolleyes:

Haven't heard anything about anyone else buying that hull.....

Eh? What other hull? There was only one built, the second never started when they canceled the option.

Almost anything is possible but this is something that is highly improbable. If there had been much chance of building a second, NCL probably wouldn't have taken such a large financial hit to cancel the one that was on order. I certainly wouldn't bet the farm on there being another.:rolleyes:

If the Epic takes off and becomes super popular, I'm sure they'll build another. Somewhere down the line NCL will build another ship, and if the Epic does well I don't see why they won't build another when that time comes.

Eh? What other hull? There was only one built, the second never started when they canceled the option.

If the Epic takes off and becomes super popular, I'm sure they'll build another. Somewhere down the line NCL will build another ship, and if the Epic does well I don't see why they won't build another when that time comes.

"IF" is a very big word and the longer they wait, the more expensive construction will be, especially if the economy turns around in the meantime. Is NCL even in good enough financial position to order such a vessel? Apparently the NCL executives had serious doubts that Epic would become "super popular". Otherwise they would have done something to protect that option. So far I haven't seen anywhere near the excitement about Epic that existed for Oasis before that ship began sailing. And even if you are correct, the time lag between the Epic becoming "super popular" and the date when they can float out a second one will be measured in years. :rolleyes:

"IF" is a very big word and the longer they wait, the more expensive construction will be, especially if the economy turns around in the meantime. Is NCL even in good enough financial position to order such a vessel? Apparently the NCL executives had serious doubts that Epic would become "super popular". Otherwise they would have done something to protect that option. So far I haven't seen anywhere near the excitement about Epic that existed for Oasis before that ship began sailing. And even if you are correct, the time lag between the Epic becoming "super popular" and the date when they can float out a second one will be measured in years. :rolleyes:

Ya sure like to use the eye rolling emoticon. Why is that? :confused:

Not to start a war or anything, but for someone who has such a problem with the courtyard and how you think people who book them have an elitist attitude, you really put yourself on a pedestal with the eye rolling.

Maybe I'm getting it all wrong, but that's the vibe your posts give off. Just saying.

But back to the second Epic, of course it'll be years. That's why the option was canceled; Kevin Sheehan and Andy Stuart both said publicly they have no current plans to have anymore new builds, but will expand when the time comes.

Well when that time is here, I don't see why it can't be a Epic twin. The ship is booking up very nicely right now, doesn't look like it'll be a flop at all.

Is NCL even in good enough financial position to order such a vessel?

They all work from borrowed money anyway, you think RCCL had the money to built 2 Oasis from their cash reserve? Ditto Carnival with their Dream and Magic.

If you operate in the black, someone will loan you money for that second Epic.

Ya sure like to use the eye rolling emoticon. Why is that? :confused:

Not to start a war or anything, but for someone who has such a problem with the courtyard and how you think people who book them have an elitist attitude, you really put yourself on a pedestal with the eye rolling.

Maybe I'm getting it all wrong, but that's the vibe your posts give off. Just saying.

But back to the second Epic, of course it'll be years. That's why the option was canceled; Kevin Sheehan and Andy Stuart both said publicly they have no current plans to have anymore new builds, but will expand when the time comes.

Well when that time is here, I don't see why it can't be a Epic twin. The ship is booking up very nicely right now, doesn't look like it'll be a flop at all.

They all work from borrowed money anyway, you think RCCL had the money to built 2 Oasis from their cash reserve? Ditto Carnival with their Dream and Magic.

If you operate in the black, someone will loan you money for that second Epic.

Sorry if my use of emoticons gives you a bad vibe. I'll try to refrain. I just happen to think that the likelihood of them building another ship along the lines of Epic are more fantasy than fact. When and if, NCL actually begins operating in the black they may at some point expand their fleet but they aren't number three for no reason and their history of past mismanagement has been disruptive to say the least. Let's hope that the current management is on the right track because we need more healthy cruiselines not less. Time will tell which of us is right.

Sorry if my use of emoticons gives you a bad vibe. I'll try to refrain. I just happen to think that the likelihood of them building another ship along the lines of Epic are more fantasy than fact. When and if, NCL actually begins operating in the black they may at some point expand their fleet but they aren't number three for no reason and their history of past mismanagement has been disruptive to say the least. Let's hope that the current management is on the right track because we need more healthy cruiselines not less. Time will tell which of us is right.

Thanks. Maybe it's just my past experience with that particular emoticon on another forum I frequent, that smiley has a very negative annotation attached to it. Maybe I just got used to it from there. :p

You're definitely right about the second Epic, it is far more fantasy than fact right now. In fact there is no fact lol, NCL themselves canceled the option.

You are also right that we need more healthy cruiselines and not less. The industry has room to grow, most people who travel regularly had never taken a cruise before.

I'm not saying they'll build another F3 ship for sure, but that if the Epic does well (and I personally think it will), I'm sure NCL will at least consider a second F3 when it's time for them to build another ship.

Wow - I just checked my sailing on the Epic (12/18/10) and all the Spa Suites are sold out. I was lucky enough to grab one of them *14151* for $1699/pp - was that a good price?

I would say so. You will never see a price like that again. They were over $2500 pp for the TA.

I got one! Someone must have cancelled and I just kept checking a few times a day and I found a Spa Suite available for 08/14/2010! I am so excited and I can't wait! Also, it is my understanding that you cannot book GTY Spa Suites.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions!

Rita

That's a "whoo hoo" for you. Congrats! I am glad you got what you wanted. Have a wonderful cruise!!!!

I booked yesterday for the 12/18/2010 cruise too. I also tried to get a spa suite but they were sold out the whole 2010 and I did not even look into 2011. I actually booked the last penthouse suite available in 2010. They have a few owner suites available and a few villas left. They told me the ship as far away as November 2010 is 84% sold out already. I was looking for a spa suite so I ended up paying alot more than I wantd to. But I ended up with the best penthouse on board. My suite is on deck 17 in the front of the ship in the Villas. Dont even ask me what I paid. They did give me $550 on board credit (THANK YOU NCL). And I have the rest of the year to pay this off. I cant wait. This ship looks amazing and to stay in the Villas is amazing. This is the first ship where they built a special section just for suites. There is a private elevator. This is my 7 days to live like a millionaire LOL

I booked yesterday for the 12/18/2010 cruise too. I also tried to get a spa suite but they were sold out the whole 2010 and I did not even look into 2011. I actually booked the last penthouse suite available in 2010. They have a few owner suites available and a few villas left. They told me the ship as far away as November 2010 is 84% sold out already. I was looking for a spa suite so I ended up paying alot more than I wantd to. But I ended up with the best penthouse on board. My suite is on deck 17 in the front of the ship in the Villas. Dont even ask me what I paid. They did give me $550 on board credit (THANK YOU NCL). And I have the rest of the year to pay this off. I cant wait. This ship looks amazing and to stay in the Villas is amazing. This is the first ship where they built a special section just for suites. There is a private elevator. This is my 7 days to live like a millionaire LOL

I'm on the same sailing as you and I was very lucky enough to get one of the Spa Suites so if you want to see it; I'll be more than happy to show you! Can I ask how did you get the $550 onboard credit?

Archived