The Jewel is a Jewel! Jan.10-17

WinnieinWA

Winnie, thanks for all the info. We are also on the Jewel in March, in an AB suite. Did you by chance take advantage of the 'Stardust reserved seating' we've been told is available for suite guests? We've heard conflicting reports, some have told us that's only available for Courtyard suites, some others have said all suites. If you did take advantage, does it really allow you to show up a few minutes before the show and know you'll have good seats available?

I really enjoyed your detailed review. My family will be sailing on the Jewel next month and I believe we are staying the same class of rooms as you did. I have a few specific questions concerning the type of room and benefits offered. If possible, could you contact me at tstowe at collinscom dot net? Thanks.

Ted

I emailed you and will be glad to answer any specific questions.:)

Winnie,

Thanks for the great review......we are staying in that same cabin on the March 21st sailing and can hardly wait. Your time on the Jewel sounds picture perfect, I can only hope we enjoy as much as you did. We booked the bigger suite as we will have our 15 year old daughter with us and thought she would like a bit of room of her own. In the past she has been on pull outs in the main room and just doesn't give her much private space.

One question for you......You mentioned that the fridge was stocked but had room for other things. Can you fill me in on what it was stocked with? Thanks for your time.

Chris

The fridge was stocked with a mini bar of mini booze bottles, beer, soda's and some peanuts. We had room for our own water bottles and plates of snacks we brought back from buffet or dessert we brought back for later. The Steward will be happy to remove everything from the fridge.... you only need to ask. It's a great cabin for a family!:)

Winnie, thanks for all the info. We are also on the Jewel in March, in an AB suite. Did you by chance take advantage of the 'Stardust reserved seating' we've been told is available for suite guests? We've heard conflicting reports, some have told us that's only available for Courtyard suites, some others have said all suites. If you did take advantage, does it really allow you to show up a few minutes before the show and know you'll have good seats available?

I'm sorry to say I don't know the answer to your question. My son-in-law insisted we show up early for great seats and just sit there and wait. They wanted center seats. I didn't care. I will tell you that in my past experience in suites that there were indeed seats reserved but they were not the greatest seats in the house but more off to the side and above. :)

Thanks for the review, I'm so looking forward to sailing on the Jewel in May. Being new to NCL, what exactly is a "White hot party"?

I can't answer that as I've never gone to it. My understanding is it's a DJ in the disco and everyone wears white and they have weird lights that only show the white. :confused:

Oh you bring back so many good memories

We had a BA cabin on deck 10 midships and it was great. The food was good as was the entertainment.

Our friends were in the AB and you describe it perfectly

We're off on the spirit in less than 2 weeks and although we're excied, it's going to take something to beat the Jewel.

Jan

Darn...That means we have to go back to cabin after drill and my poor partner who is rather well endowed can't see over hers once she puts it on

Just got off the Jewel today. They implemented a new program. We were gathered in the Tsar dining room for the drill. First time this has happened. Went very well, over in a few minutes, no vest needed. We liked it very much. Good idea NCL.

Archived