On Solstice-Blu

Orator

Now on Solstice. Blu is now an anytime venue. Meals and service have been excellent. Presentations and preparation even better than Equniox, which is also excellent.

I was told just yesterday by Celebrity that traditional dining was still available for Blu?

I was told just yesterday by Celebrity that traditional dining was still available for Blu?

Just a point that Celebrity's customer service is very often wrong and gives out inaccurate information. In Nov. traditional dining was not available in Blu on Equinox...

Blu is for Aqua class guests only...."anyone" can't dine there. It was open seating during our Nov. 23 cruise and was wonderful. Guests in Suites can reserve tables in Blu. We just went to the reception desk when we were ready to eat dinner and they seated us. No problem.

Since Blu only has room for 130 guests, how can it offer flexible/select dining if many passengers want to dine at the peak hours? Is it difficult to obtain 7 pm every evening?

Thanks.

Probably because on any given night a certain amount of people are probably eating in the Specialty restaurants...

I don't care about the flex dining part of it..For me this becomes an issue because of severe spice and seasoning allergies. The thought of each night trying to make sure I don't get something that I am allergic to, if I am not dealing with the same waiter scares me..I guess I will have to depend on the head waiter..

My other question is how does that work with shows..You know how they had shows for early and late dining....

aqua class is a cabin that is supposed to be a "wellness" themed experience. The cabins have aroma therapy...you are provided with bottled water and flavored iced teas everyday. and other perks...It has an incredible shower...you are allowed to use the relaxation room...But the best part is, it has a restaurant that is exclusive to Aqua Class although people in suites can get in if there is availability.... Its smaller, quiet, most tables are for two but near enough to others so you can still have the chat if you want it.. We loved it so much we booked again while we were sailing on her last year..

We're gettting ready to book our cruise to the Eastern Med in July on Equinox, and will likely book AQ. A few questions we still have about Blu - do we also need to sign up for Celebrity Select Dining for open seating, or is it already included in the price?

And do formal nights carry over into Blu? I would assume so, but just wanted to check.

We're gettting ready to book our cruise to the Eastern Med in July on Equinox, and will likely book AQ. A few questions we still have about Blu - do we also need to sign up for Celebrity Select Dining for open seating, or is it already included in the price?

And do formal nights carry over into Blu? I would assume so, but just wanted to check.

Select Dining is already included in the price -- you just have to pay your tips up front. And yes, formal nights are in Blu also.

From the what it's worth department, we were in Blu for Solstice 15-day TA, and they had a new 15-day menu with some of the items from their 7-day menu. We ate at the late seating, and it was great having the same waiter every night. He gave us some great recommendations from the first seating on what was good and what others didn't like. The menu was new to him also.

Do not sign up for Select Dining if you have an AQ cabin. They may think you want to eat in the MDR instead of Blu. Blu is now open seating on both Solstice and Equinox so Select Dining in Blu really doesn't matter.

No, don't have CSD otherwise you will lose your seat in Blu and they will put you in the main dining room. It doesn't matter what time you select for Blu, as they now have flexi dining you turn up as you wish.

Yes, formal night applies throughout the ship.

Orator- Thanks for the update, I am really looking forward to eating in Blu.

What time and which day was the Cruise Critic Connections Party?

Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Thank you,

Jean

No, don't have CSD otherwise you will lose your seat in Blu and they will put you in the main dining room. It doesn't matter what time you select for Blu, as they now have flexi dining you turn up as you wish.

Yes, formal night applies throughout the ship.

We just booked the Solstice for May and are in AQ. Celebrity asked fro Blu if we with late or early dining. I don't think they are doing select for the Blu restaurant anymore or it may just be for our sailing.

We just booked the Solstice for May and are in AQ. Celebrity asked fro Blu if we with late or early dining. I don't think they are doing select for the Blu restaurant anymore or it may just be for our sailing.

yes, our TA gave us an eating time as well, even though we'd be eating in Blu, which is what confused me. So if we are signed up for the 8:45 seating, that means 8:45 for Blu and not MDR, yes? And if we wanted to eat at say, 7, in Blu, would we need to then sign up for CSD, or just handle it once we got on the ship?

We were on Equinox for Xmas/New Year in Aqua Class. On the website we had selected late seating but knew to visit Blu on afternoon of boarding and agree a preferred time. We opted for 7pm - although we would have preferred 7.30 - after some encouragement by the staff we agreed 7. They like to be able to turn over the table at least twice per night. The system worked well and most couples tended to stick to their chosen time but really you could turn up at any time if delayed.

By the way we found Blu outstandingly good and we are looking forward to our July Med cruise and dining there again.

Archived